Hello fellow busters! I have been a super fan of the franchise since its release in '84. Lately, I have rekindled my childhood hobby of collecting/recreating props and costumes from some of my favorite iconic films . This, OF COURSE, includes Ghostbusters!
I am in the process of assembling a screen-accurate costume with legitimate proton pack/neutrona wand and all. This is my first-ever build, but I’m an ambitious dude. I not only wanted to recreate the costume and equipment down to the last detail, I also wanted to find a way to simulate equipment effects. My “holy grail” has been to find a way to create a live-action proton stream effect.
I’m not entirely sure how to link to a video of my most recent beta test, but hopefully this will do it:
My beta test proof-of-concept for a live action Ghostbusters proton pack stream. pic.twitter.com/TCzO5yMhkt
I just watched the video and I am really looking forward to it and the direction it’s going.
I’m curious as to what you want to ultimately achieve with it. I assume you would utilize it at conventions and such? If so I am brainstorming some ideas.
Glad you were able to see the video! I wasn’t sure if the link would even work.
Yes, ultimately I would like to use it conventions and the like. I eventually want to put the “stream” on a rotating spindle to complete the effect. Still looking into a few options for stabilizing the stream.