Look what I've got... (Boots)

Got these on Christmas Eve. Decided to give them a quick wash and lace and show you guys!! Probably not much to you guys over in the states… But let me tell you that most US Military stuff is harder to find than Angel tears in this country.

So I’m a bit excited about these!

image

image

image

image

There aren’t any zippers though… I may add some myself or just stick them on for show!!

Lawrence

wow those look fantastic Lawrence! i personaly think they look great even without the zipper :slight_smile: care to share where you got them from?

are these corcoran jump boots ? i got my corcoran from ebay (new) for 30 euro …

I got them from eBay. I think they were a one off from some random seller. I don’t know about in the eu. But I don’t see them listed in the uk often

Lawrence

Excellent, just excellent… we’ll do the happiness index next…

That’s one hell of a find! And as a fellow UK GB propper (now’s there’s a mouthful to try at midnight tonight) I can sympathise with the problems getting US surplus over here. For years I’ve had to put up with german boots, simply because American stuff just doesn’t turn up over here. It took me over a year to find a frame and straps that I was willing to pay for! Sorry, but over a hundred quid for a frame and straps does NOT make for a financially viable pack! Especially when you consider about 5 years ago I managed to find brand new frames with straps for 20 quid, including postage! Ahhh, the good old days…

And the fact you can pick up a frame and straps in the us for under $ 20! It’s just the postage that’s the killer

Lawrence

Thats a great score Lawrence. I bought mine used on ebay as well a few months ago. $35 shipped here in the US. I also bought 9-inch pre-cut #10 aluminum zippers from http://www.zippersource.com/ and intend to eventually have them sewn in. If you order zippers online I would recommend brass ones as Roboprop’s boot blog will show they were closer to brass than aluminum.

My boots:

image

Roboprop’s Boots:

image

They are aluminium(at least in GB1). The zipper you bought is perfect.

These are my boots:

image

image

I poured over every bit of reference I could find after I got these and I’m 99.9% sure they’re the exact same boot used in the film.