Losing my mind.....

Hello All,

           I know I am just starting out, and I am building a trap first.  However I have been looking at some of your guys pictures of your packs and PKE's that make me jump ahead in my mind.  Is it a usual thing to think I will not be able to accomplish any of this?  I mean all of your guys pictures are so freakin' stellar!  It just seems a little overwhelming.  LED's too!

Crazy? I think so. :vinzclortho:

Just put your mind to it and you get do anything you want. Just take time in prop building and always measure twice cut once and also if your not sure how to use a tool or how to use it the way you want it try using a practice piece first.

Yep. Be sure to use that search function. If you have a question, a good rule is it has already been asked, answered, discussed, and argued about. Its all here to help you. Pm people if you have specific questions on their props, but be respectful and patient. Good Luck

I was a bit worried that I wouldn’t be able to do this, but I think I’ve done okay. I have never done anything like this and I have enjoyed the experience. Just be patient and do the research so you get an idea of what you’re getting into.

You put the effort, money and time into it. You can accomplish it. As for electronics they are one of the easiest things to achieve thanks to Exoray.

Just take your time and try to do one prop at a time. That was my problem, i thought i could do a few projects at once. In the beginning thats really hard. I had finished my Goggles…and thought they were ok, quick and cheap. Then i thought i could get a bunch done at once…never happenned. I decided to take my time with my RGB trap conversion GBFans.com and I had alot of fun with it. In the time it was drying or if i was waiting for a part, i worked a little on my suit. But too many projects at once can be killer. The pack especially.

Just stay focused and have a good time with it. You’ll eventually get to make all the stuff you want, and if you take the time to do it right you’ll be really proud of yourself, and your props will look awesome. Good luck!

  1. Be honest with yourself from the very beginning about how long it takes to build this stuff. This will help with the freaking out.

  2. Set small goals. For example, tell yourself “I’m going to have X part finished by Thursday” rather than “I’m going to have this trap done by Halloween.” Taking it a little bit at a time will give you a sense of accomplishment and steadily produce a series of well-made parts.

  3. If you’re doing the trap and pedal, I suggest building the pedal first. It’s a good way to get a little practice before tackling the trap.

Thanks a lot guys! I think I am just overloading myself with seeing so many cool things I can build. One step at a time. Earlier this evening I started on the walls of the trap. I’m using 3/8 inch rosewood and having a hell of a time getting straight accurate cuts. I have been using a miter saw as well as a scroll saw for the more intricate cuts. It’s a bit of a pain since I want the cuts to be perfect, but it’s like they say…how do you get to Carnegie Hall? :cool:

Practice!

Again thanks for the encouragement!

Use MDF. It’s cheap, it cuts really easy and it sands really well.

MDF?

Medium density fiberboard.

It kind of looks like cardboard.

i’m probs gonna use mdf for the more detailed bits, but i’m using 3mm ply for the most of it.

it’s a pain in the butt but i’m gettin there

though i’m strapped for cash so i’m probs not gonna have it done by the time that i wanted it by…

:sigh:

■■■ :blush: