Hey guys, I am the coordinator for Convention du Lac in Lake Charles. I would like to see if there are any fan groups representing Ghostbusters that might be interested in coming out to the convention on June 11-13th. For more information about the convention please visit http://www.condulac.net.
We have a few guests already including Luciana Carro (KAT) from Battlestar Galactica.
Ttoney, sorry I just saw this. I might have been able to go in full cosume wih the other Lafayette GB.
Just a note to all of you from in state that 2 of us did go to Imagicon in Birminham in full gear where we met up with the Alabama Ghostbusters who were an excellent group of guys! We hope to meet them again soon!
The Lafayette MECACON (i don’t know the spelling) is moving from lafayette, having outgrown our hotels, to New Orleans this year! The Con is in July and We hope to be there.
Further down the road, we’re considering going to PKE Surge at Dragoncon. Any chance of you guys being at any of these in cosume?
I made a tentative logo for any Louisiana Ghostbusters who might want to use the logo on their avatar or make a patch for their costumes…
Here’s a link to a low resolution version and I can get you something in Hi-res if you need it!
I actually had plans to go, jtoney, but that pesky National Guard thing kinda took precedence. I miss every convention ever. If I don’t know when a drill weekend is, I just find something cool to do one weekend. Drill will be on that weekend.
Yes, I plan to be there. Hopefully a few more people besides just me can go, too. I hope to see you there. I think I may be able to find a caregiver for you for that day. Both my mother and my little sister had a child care partnership prior to Katrina, closed now, but they’re spectacular child care givers. They’re used to a room full of 35 toddlers, so just your little guy would be no problem. Just an idea. You are under no obligation to take me up on that. If you did want to, I’d also have to see if one of them was available.
I’m a LA transplant-- Just moved to Youngsville (Lafayette area) from Orlando, FL
I was working on a scratch built pack from way back, but never finished it. Once I can get some funds free’d up, I’m hoping to build a resin pack with lights and all.
I work as a hotshot driver out of Abbeville, so I’m often between Venice, Fourchon, Houma, Lake Charles, Cameron, etc…
Hoping to see some of you guys out there sometime!
We have a few fellows in Acadiana. TTwo Lafayette, one in Scott, another up in Ville Platte area. The rest of the gang is in the Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Houma areas.
Look us up on Facebook or on our website when you’re ready.
Our next major event is Relay for Life in Slidell at the end of April.
LAGB will be taking to the track to support Relay for Life, East St. Tammany Parish in Slidell on April 28th. Relay for Life benefits the American Cancer Society and was created to give folks a way to fight back against an ailment that never quits in its relentlessness.
We’ll have a tent set up with a “Buster Shot” booth where for a donation folks can suit up in our gear and have a photo taken and proton stream effect added, then the shot is emailed to them.
We’ll also potentially be selling Ecto Cooler and offering a trap throwing game for the kids with prizes.
Our plan is to take to the track at the beginning of the Relay, and to have at least 2 busters on the track throughout the night until the event ends at 6am that morning. Busters are encouraged to wear and share gear with kids and onlookers, but as the hour gets late we’ll also be sporting t-shirts and tennis shoes with gear available at our tent for folks to play with.
The Ectos LA-1 and LA-2 will also be on hand to provide music and a backdrop for Buster Shots.
LAGB will be very busy working Mardi Gras events in the upcoming weeks. We’ve posted our schedule on the link below and have extended an invitation to the surrounding area GB Fan Groups to join us at these parades scattered around South Louisiana.
So far it looks like we may see GB’s from Houston, Mississippi, and Alabama as well as a host of our own LAGBs! Facebook us if you’d like to participate! Parades are excellent events for trial runs by prospective members, and Louisiana Mardi Gras parades are a ton of fun for visiting Bro-Busters!
So, anyone in the New Orleans area with proton pack building skills? Finally attempting to put one together after many years and wondering if anyone wants to lend some moral support? Lol.
If anyone in the area is interested in suiting up with us at a reputable breast cancer walk, we annually invite non members to join us at Making Strides Against Breast Cancer in New Orleans which is October 19th. Folks are encouraged to wear GB or LAGB themed costumes or informal attire and to mash it up with the traditional color for breast cancer awareness, pink.
We usually have at least a handful of folks from out of state join us in this as well.
Generally we do an entire 5k walk in full gear (sometimes pushing strollers!) and then turn in our earnings and donations at the event.
For more info you can contact us on our Facebook page or at the website below on the “contact” link.