Louisiana Area?

I know from searching back on the threads there has to be at least a couple people in the Louisiana area…anyone? lol

My husband and I are in the New Orleans area…just curious who was out this way. :slight_smile:

Hey stranger, remember me :slight_smile:

I’m the guy from Mississippi who made the vader helmet from scratch and had it a coast con 2 years ago. I just got into this GB stuff myself so if you need any moral support hit me up.

is that Ray Nagin guy still mayor?

Ugh…Yes :frowning:

so is it a “chocolate city” yet? :sigh:

Alex - Don’t beat me if I’m wrong, but weren’t you the one that also had the Shipwreck costume? Or am I getting confused because the name is the same… lol

Haha…Ray Nagin. I was hoping China would keep him when he was quarantined during that whole Swine Flu thing.

Alas, no such luck.

Yup…That’s me :slight_smile:

Whew!

Glad to see a familiar face (so to speak!) on here. :slight_smile:

I live in the New Orleans area. I didn’t think there were very many ghost heads out this way. Over in Florida, you can’t walk five feet without hitting a Ghostbusters franchise. I’m interested in starting a Louisiana/ Mississippi based franchise to do stuff like what the Arizona Ghostbusters do. It’d simply be a good excuse to wear my uniform and proton pack more often than just on Halloween and at cons.

Last week, I was in Pittsburgh, and we were walking out of the Hard Rock Cafe, all wearing our GB t-shirts. Some lady said, “I noticed you are all wearing GB shirts. Why is that?” I said very seriously, “Because we’re the Ghostbusters.” She looked pretty skeptical until the SCGB leader, Dave, pulled out his business cards and explained that they dress up to draw attention to charities and businesses. Money gained from doing the business thing also goes to charity.

That’d be mega awesome to do down here. My friend ( from Louisiana) and I were thinking of starting a franchise for that purpose, but we need more people to divvy up tasks. I’m also in the army and keeping up administratively would sometimes be impossible for me. If I were deployed, the franchise could evaporate unless we had more people and I could pass it on. It takes hours of phone calling and coordinating people’s schedules.

Lafayette area here!

My email is [email protected] if you guys get something started.

FYI there was a “lightsaber party” around Mardi Gras here last spring at a local comic book shop where myself and another guy (I totally was expecting to be the only one) showed up in full Ghostbuster regalia (including decked out proton packs and traps) to take on the Star Wars fans.

There’s a few videos up on Youtube. Try this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83csE6JEfqE

That’s me on the left at 1:19 and again at 1:27,

Then on this video:

At 3:32, we two Sithbusters took on Darth Reign.

At 4:50 the Packs come off and we really get into it! Turns out Sith are susceptible to Spectre Catcher ghost traps!

I think you guys would really enjoy the evening if they do it again!

G

I’m from Prairieville, LA. Unfortunately, not only am I not uber talented in making props or costumes, but I seem to be the only GB fan out in these parts. I have killer ideas, just…not that skilled in making costumes or props (or obviously with different photo editing software heh).

But I wouldn’t mind helping chipping in my ideas, or helping you guys get things together, hosting parties, whatever. I’d love to get something started. And maybe one day, I can get my own suit and pack.

My email is [email protected] if anyone gets anything started, or want to exchange ideas, or whatever.

I’m in New Orleans, but I don’t have a costume (yet, lol). I am an avid costumer who enjoys making and wearing historical, fantasy, and Star Wars costumes, and am a member of in the 501st and the Rebel Legion.

(HothGirl…I think I know you. I’m the Jedi and Imperial Officer who always brings my little girl to troops.)

Anyhow, on the subject of my little girl, she is 7 and has just discovered Ghostbusters! What fun to share favourite movies from my own childhood with her. We do Star Wars costuming together, so now she has talked me into building a ghostbuster in time for Halloween.

Hi everyone! I wanted to give my fellow Louisianians a quick hello. I’m new to the board. I just recently rediscovered my obsession with all things Ghostbusters. I was a fanatic in elementary school in the 80’s. This is a neat forum and I hope to get to know you all soon. :smiley:

Your new friend,

Tony B

“If a feather lined with his words becomes a blade”- Tori Amos

Hi Tony!

Isn’t that how it works? We get totally obsessed with something as kids, then move on to new things…and then rediscover it 20 years later. :slight_smile:

That’s how it is for me. I was a huge GB fan when I was a kid; I think I was 9 or 10 when the first movie came out. And I’m a costumer, so I’m always interested in new excuses to play dressup.

Where in Louisiana are you located, and are you interested in building a costume?

Hi nola!

I am in the EXCITING (lol) city of Shreveport, Home of the Miss USA pageant for three years. Also, riverboat casinoes and…well that’s about it.

Costuming? I don’t know. I can’t sew worth a d*mn. haha. My partner and I are looking at going to Dragon Con this year so maybe I’ll have something put together for then.

Dragon*Con is SO much fun! There were a lot of Ghostbusters in attendance last year, but I spent most of my time with the Star Wars costumers.

Good thing about a GB outfit is that it looks like there is no sewing at all involved. Lots and lots of prop building though! I haven’t even started mine, but it would be fun to have it in time for D*Con.

I’d love to go to Dragon*Con, and be a part of PKE Surge 2010. Unfortunately, my work probably wouldn’t allow me to take off, and I wouldn’t be able to get down there and back home between Friday evening-Sunday evening. Oh well, I’ll support everyone in spirit, I suppose. Nice to see some new Louisiana Ghostbuster fans.

The drive to D*Con is a pain. From New Orleans to Atlanta took me 8 hours! It was worth it though. I’m starting a new job, and when the time comes I will try my best to get to get Thursday-Monday off so I can have time for the drive. Flying would be an option if it weren’t so expensive…plus they would charge a fortune for all the costumes I plan on bringing this year.

Nice avatar by the way. I had a huge crush on Egon when I was a kid. :smiley:

Egon was my favorite as a kid, and still very much is heh. Thank you. I took a screen grab, shrunk it down to size, and used Picnik to kind of clear it up and add the text, etc.

I may see if I can try and get off the Thurs-Mon from work. Though I don’t know. My coworkers (who nag me constantly) are telling me I need to watch my attendance. Cause I had to miss due to being sick with contagious things a few times, and I’m about to miss for a surgery I medically need. So, I don’t know. I’d have to find a way down there anyways, and that’d be a toughie. Don’t have a vehicle of my own, and never drove to Atlanta…and I have a tendency of getting lost…a lot lol.