Make Your Ghostbusters Ecto Goggles at Home, Now!

image

So it may be too late for you to buy parts from the Ghostbusters Fans Shop but there is still time to make some last minute props from items found at your local hardware store. One great example are by using Welding Goggles to create a set of perfect Ecto Goggles. Don’t pay $100 for these things on eBay when you can be making your own for under $20.

Check out these plans for parts and information, its very easy to do:

imageimage

Check out the Ecto Goggle section for plenty of goggles made using these plans and more:

Why is the guy from Slingblade wearing ecto goggles?

They halp him find dem french fried potaters. MMMMM hmmmm.

I lol’d.

I found these instructions to be EXTREMELY HELPFUL! The shopping list of parts saved me a lot of time and trouble at the hardware store. Thank you so much for creating this reference guide.

ahhh brings back memories…my first prop

image

I don’t think I’ve ever worn them out anywhere with my costume. I really wanna do a nice set one day but these will definitely do the trick on Halloween. Classic. So many people have used these plans. I never did add the blocks of wood.

i never did add the wood either.its still an awesome build and one everyone should take a look at for a first prop if norm’s proton pack plans appear too much…even though they’re more low budget than those ugly/other budget(money pit) packs floating around.

Thank you for typing in bold, if it hadn’t have been for that, we might have completely missed what you said. So again, thank you.

2 Likes

Awesome! I think that’s what demon vice commander’s plan was for us to make them. Thanks for posting this!

Same plans I used for mine!

image

Check ebay for good prices on welding goggles.

Seen them for like $4 :cool:

I looked at Lowes for welding goggles this morning, but they only had the Welding Kits for $40-50 that come with the goggles and a bunch of other welding stuff. maybe I’ll check Home Depot after work.

if you have harbor freight, they have a pack of 2 for 5. one is separate eyes the other is a full one.

habba babba?

http://www.harborfreight.com/

we dont have one those around here. heck we’ve only had home depot and lowes for a few years!

http://www.harborfreight.com/2-piece-welding-goggles-set-35711.html

I like those (the right ones remind me of Doc Brown goggles) but Im looking for the ones with the rectangular lens like in AJs post.

http://www.drillspot.com/products/36772/Sellstrom_85450_Standard_Vinyl_Welding_Goggle

After giving mine away, i’ve been wanting to build a new set. I wonder how hard it would be to add the flared “lip” as well as the wood blocks. Id imagine if you made the lip from styrene and secured it to the inside of the goggle it might work?