MMM Gun kit + Jupiter Light kit advice

First things first, I want to make it clear that if you disagree with my choices in products, I’d prefer you to respectfully please keep your opinions on that matter to yourself.

That being said…

I am planning on purchasing the gun kit from MMM and incorperating the light kit from Jupiter.

For those who have used these kits before - specifically the MMM kit, I would like some assembly advice as far as what needs to be done and in what order to effectively get both kits to work together.

Photographic reference on someones build would be helpful, I’d like to know what parts should be glued together and/or painted before electronics installation and what can be done after.

The gun in itself is a complicated prop replica so I will be treating it as it’s own individual prop build and not worry about the “whole picture” (i.e the pack) all at once.

Just to give you an idea of some of the work I have done, I recently completed work on my Rocketeer jetpack replica kit:

Wow! That is some really nice work.

There are several build threads using MMM’s kit, you can also check out the build tutorial here:

http://www.multimediamayhem.net/gunkitassembly.htm

I have installed the Jupiter light kit several times with no fitting issues in the MMM gunbox. As for advice, dry fit everything including the light kit prior to assembly and priming/paint. Most parts on the kit are bolt on with the exception of the gun handle tubes so they can be painted seperately prior to final assembly. Good luck with your build and if you have any specific questions please ask away.

Welcome Frosty. I haven’t built an MMM thrower but I did build another resin gun. I dry fit everything, then completely disassembled the thrower, painted everything seperatly, and reassembled. You will be sure to have complete paint coverage that way. I can see from your Rocketeer pack that you should do just fine on your pack and thrower build.

Thank you for taking the time for some advice and feedback.

After completing the Rocketeer pack, I’m really excited to be back in “research” mode for a new project.

It’s going to be until after the Holidays when I can start ordering parts full steam ahead, but in the meantime I am going to continue to read around and post questions when I have them.

Thus far, the members here have been VERY accomidating and helpful. Thank you.