So I have the two carriage bolts for the bottom - easy. But the top secure point that is meant to go through the frame I’m having a hard time understanding. What kind of bolt and what size should I be using to put through the top bar ? Also what kind of nut should go there that’ll stay flush against the front of the pack ?
I’ve used mostly MDF so most of what I’ll be attaching to the motherboard will be fixed there permanently. This would be no issue if I had a shell.
I believe it is a 3/8" carriage bolt that will fall somewhere inside the cosmetic plating. I’m not sure on the length. You can figure that based on where your pack falls on the alice frame.
I made a wooden pack, same as you, and from what I remember, the bolt fell 2.5 to 3 inches above the crossbar on the pack. Double check that it will land in an open area of the cosmetic plating so it is accessible before you commit to dilling any holes.
Also… you might want to stop making new threads for each issue you run into on the pack and keep it all together in a single thread.