MT500 Stubby Antenna

Is someone can tell me where i can find the shrink to made my own Chubby antenna for my MT500? I look ebay over and over and cant find the right products.

http://www.gbfans.com/images/store/690_8661367250.jpg

You could probably just use dowels or pipe for the basic shape, and then use either spray on or dip “tool dip” from home supply stores for the outer rubber coating. or if on the cheap, you could probably thin some water based acrylic enamel water based cheap paint from walmart, (or leftover water based house paint) and dip it several times for the same appearance.

I had a long antenna and i used a flat screwdriver to pull the cap off, then cut the antenna and glued the cap back on the top.

My antenna was all cracked and the spring was exposed so i wrapped it with electrical tape. It looks good enough for me.

Sent from my DROIDX using Ghostbusters Fans on Android

As Gareee says, it’s not a shrink wrap but a dip. I used Plastidip to make mine, just cut down a long antenna for the screw base then glued styrene tube to it and dipped it a few times.

I used a carriage bolt (5/16", I think) covered in a short length of vinyl hose with a screw cap, dipped in Plastidip. Worked perfectly…

cool thx for the tips! its exactly what i was looking for!

Now can someone with a real chubby antenna could give me some measurment? would be appreciated!

image

It’s a STUBBY antenna, chubby is what you get when you eat too many twinkies.

image

lol ok ok very helpful

This may be the correct manufacturer, but the antenna was about 1/2" too long based on image comparison to screen shots, so I shortened the antenna.

Here is a picture of my shortened antenna:

image

A 50% opacity overlay of the image over a frame capture (image form GBFans equipment page):

image

And here is a scan next to a ruler to show the length I ended up with:

image

Measured diameters:

0.72” (cap)

0.61” (top section)

0.52” (bottom black section)

0.305” (outside edges of screw)