Anyone have a recommended substitute for the MT500 radio? Apparently everyone on ebay has caught wind of the fact that it’s the model from Ghostbusters so the prices are ridiculous IMO. I can’t bring myself to spend 50 bucks on a broken 30 year old walkie talkie for example. Is there a similar looking model maybe or a cast mold or kid’s toy, etc that anyone knows of?
I carry an MT1000 on my belt. The front face is anout the same. The top panel is the difference. Before replying I scanned ebay. Theres a few MT1000 around $20 but their shipping is crazy high. I looked at the MT500 and theres a few under $35. I’m not sure what your budget is but they’re out there. Plus in the end, where are you satisfied, having a radio or having THE radio. For this piece, I’m ok being close.
Could always go with the Motorola HT1000 (Radio used in Videogame)
I got mine for 10 bucks off Ebay. Just gotta get 45$ for a battery, which are still mass produced.
55$ beats a few hundred.
i have a HT600 attached to my one shoulder strap.
I picked up the radio Ray has in GB1, the Motorola HT-200.