I’m building a Proton Pack for Halloween. It will have the sound chip, lights, an amp, and two 4x6" speakers. I extended the depth of the motherboard to accomidate the speakers and amp. The pack employ a 12v electrical system. I will be using an iPhone car charger to reduce the voltage to 5v for the sound chip. I will be using an electric drill battery for the power source. I modified an old Alpine amp with a 3.5mm hookup. I plugged the jack into my iPhone and played the “Ghostbusters” theme on repeat for over 4 hours at 3/4 volume and the battery still hasn’t died! I’m pretty surprised about it actually. It gets pretty loud. The MB chamber provides pretty good sound. I realize that this isn’t a screen-accurate Proton Pack and I might get flamed for it’s size or weight. Let me know what you think. Here are some pictures of my progress…
I like it. the booster tubes are crooked in bottom photo but I cant tell if they are even secured or not so you could still fix them
It’s just the angle I snapped the pic at. Also, the white gear shape will most likely be replaced with a piece of plywood in the proper shape.
25 pounds!
So I found a parts list of components I need to do the lights in my pack. Feel free to correct me if I ordered any wrong parts. Hoping to get them in by Halloween! Gotta few costume contests on the agenda. I’m really getting into this Ghostbusters thing. I ordered my flight suit, patches, etc. This is gonna be fun! Apparently only one person was interested in my posts enough to critique, but I’ll continue to show my progress.
Looks good, man! A little thick for my tastes, but that’s neither here nor there. I bet it’ll have some bitchin’ sound!

All done!!!
Looks great! We need a video.








