My "First" Build

Well, after browsing around here for ideas. I finally worked up enough random Ideas to start collecting materials and whatnot for the cheapest pack I can make, while still making it look good. Thankfully, I found a lot of random junk laying around that could possibly go to at LEAST the wand.

That random junk, so far, are the feet from my crutches and the rubber padding for your underarms for the handles, and a cardboard box that may or may not turn into either a trap or the body of the gun itself. The only problems I have at the moment are that the feet are too small to use for the back handle, so I may end up going with some leftover PVC from Weapons Making Day at Dagorhir in the next few weeks. BUT, I Do like the feel of the rubber guards, and I’m sure that if I can fill the holes inside of them, they’ll do the job. I liked my original idea of emptying a Squirt Bottle of Windex and using THAT for the rear handle (It’s got the perfect width for my huge hands, and it’s already fairly long, so I would only need a quick Connector for the Hose to make sure the two stay connected), but I was worried about how to hook it and the Crutch leg together and still make it look fairly decent.

For the pack itself, I have a cylindrical Pencil Holder, which I’ll probably use on the Bumper. No pic of it yet.

Thoughts on my choices? Suggestions on how to make the rear handle wider to save some money on PVC?

Edit: Also, I have two FUBAR Lynksys routers (They’re not FUBAR, I just don’t wanna work on 'em anymore) that I’ll be using for SOMETHING, I’m sure, just not sure what yet. One’s a Wireless Router that has the antennae on it, so I could possibly take the antennae off and use them elsewhere, like on a quick PKE meter or something.

oh man! that’s crazy, I love these kinds of builds, I myself have assembled some pretty unique items such as a ruler, a cannon,a red hole punch thingy, a pen tube and a couple twisty ties to use as my pack and wand. I’m confident that it’ll be pretty close to accurate when I’m finished.

image

At this point, anything would work better than the very first pack I built back when I was 7. Two Carboard boxes and a Vacuum hose! Worked perfect for that age, but… yeah. I still have it here somewhere. I’d love to see what you do with that Cannon. Instead of firing grape shot, it fires Proton Pellets? :stuck_out_tongue:

I just wish I could A) Afford Tru Spec and B) Fit into one of 'em. I’m a big guy, so Rothco’s the only option I have. And even then, I have to go with Navy Blue, since they offer the 5X suits in that color only, from what I’ve found. Which Isn’t necessarily a BAD thing, since I attend University of Michigan. Get me some yellow Pads, and I’m good to go for when I join the Paranormal Club this coming semester. But the suit will probably be the last thing I buy, and probably around the middle of October when I order it. Gives me some time to get it and get the patches sewn on, I suppose. Plus, I’ll have a job around then (A Job in Michigan?! I must be crazy! Oh, wait…), so I can afford it more easily by then. Hell, if nothing else, I’ll buy it around the end of September and have it tailored to fit better if it doesn’t fit just right. Extra money, but at least I’ll know for a fact It’s done and ready.

this is funny.

LMAO! Now to go glue a cannon to my TC wand :stuck_out_tongue:

I do enjoy humour that it is missed all together.

Oh yeah? Well… um… YOUR FACE! Yeah! How 'bout that?! That’s how we do it in Detroit! … I think.

Ha, whats even funnier is that you are having a go at me. And not the first guy.

I rarely hand these out.

:crunch:

I love you too. :slight_smile: Anyways, I’m throwing my own topic off kilter here (Damn, I’m good), so… yeah. Insert witty banter here while I go try and make Cardboard look not Cardboard-y.