My Shiny New Ecto1A

Hello Fellow Ghostbuster Fans,

I would like to share some photos of my new Ecto1A and also appeal to your charitable nature!

On the 25th May this year my best friend Lloyd and I are entering the Dumball challenge to raise money for the Teenage Cancer Trust. Since 2007, the Dumball has been raising money for the Teenage Cancer Trust to build a state-of-the-art unit at a recognised centre of excellence; the Royal Marsden Hospital. It will care for teenagers and young people with cancer. The unit will cost over £3million, all together, so I’m appealing to you to help us do our bit!

Without going into too much detail, the Dumball is an insane challenge, teams must buy an old banger for no more than £400, pick a theme, decorate their car, find some fancy dress and then drive 2725 miles across Europe in 8 days. This year over 150 people and 40 cars are taking part! 100% of money raised goes to the Teenage Cancer Trust.

**Dumball 2012 **– This year we acquired an old Volvo and have transformed it (with our very limited budget) into Ecto1A.

How can I donate?

INTERNET

Donations can be made quickly and easily online by clicking the link below…

MOBILE (UK Only)

Alternatively you can donate by using your mobile phone; text QNGE50 £10 to** 70070** to donate £10 to the Teenage Cancer Trust, this will automatically be added to your next mobile bill.

£10 is the maximum amount you can donate per text so please text as many time as you wish if you wish to boost your donation.

Please don’t forget to say YES to gift-aid, every pound helps, especially when it’s from the tax man!

Many thanks in advance for your kind generosity,

Edd and Lloyd

P.S. Video of all the lights running at night to follow. :o)

Donated 25 pounds. LOVE the dumball/ramshakle rally/lemons events! You guys are awesome. And that car is AWESOME.

Boomerjinks, a massive THANK YOU. Your kind words and generous donation are greatly appreciated. This years event has already raised £46,489.76 for the Teenage Cancer Trust and it’s still 2 weeks until we go so we’re over the moon with all the support!

I’ll upload photos of the control panel and the kit in the boot (trunk) and roof soon, as well as the lights video. We’re also going to throw this baby round the world famous Nurburgring in Germany so I’ll post all the details if we make it back alive. We’re hoping to break the circuit record for the slowest Ecto1A ever round the Nurburgring!

We’re particularly pleased with the wings…plywood and table legs! We’ve tried to keep everything as accurate as possible although the 2 inch square space at the front didn’t allow for the ‘We believe you’ sticker’! :slight_smile:

Thank you so much once again,

Edd

Good effort guys :slight_smile: I hope you have an awesome time on the rally. You’ve done pretty well for just 400 Pounds! Some of the guys I work with did the “Shitbox Rally” last year from Sydney to Darwin, they painted the car up like a C130J with fake rivets and everything.

NICE!