My take on Steampunk Ghostbusters

So…I wanted to do something a little different and try my hand at my own version of a Steampunk/Ghostbusters crossover. I drew out a concept drawing of a pack and slime blower and spent quite a bit of time on eBay and Craigslist looking for various pieces I thought would be cool to use. We ended up building two proton packs and one slime blower. The proton packs have blinking red lights and a blue hue as well as working/turning gears.

I can post some build progress pics if people care, otherwise I thought I would show a few that were taken of us at Gen Con.

This was my first year doing a costume for Gen Con (7th year attending) and I’m glad I had the help and support of my friends, Rob (wearing the other proton pack) and Lee (wearing the slime blower). We’re already in the works of adding a PKE meter, trap and an additional big surprise for next year! :slight_smile:

We entered the Gen Con costume contest in the Group category and took 1st place! We were very humbled and excited. It was an awesome time!

These are some images from Gen Con 2012.

Well done!

Thanks Alan!

No Nerf to be seen. I like it!

Yeah, no Nerf for this guy. Scratch built all the way! :slight_smile:

Here is another pretty cool pic.

“Past meets present”

I apologize for the slight blurriness but I think you all will get the drift. :slight_smile:

wow, this is all around badass! what did you use for lights?

Thank you! :slight_smile: I used battery operated LEDs, 3 AA per unit. Blue for the hue and red ones set to blink that were behind the internal vacuum tubes. I ran the wire up to compartments that could be accessed from the back. The gears in the center turn as well.

Steampunk slimeblower. Now THAT is awesome.

I saw these in person and must say they were amazing. The spinning gear was the icing on the cake.

Great job. I would love to see some of the pics from the builds.

Follow me on twitter: @SagesOfRPG

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the comments.

Here are some build picks from the packs:

I’ll have to check if I have an build pics of the slime blower. Overall it was much easier than the packs. All 3 use WWI European mountain pack frames. I apologize for the blurriness of some of the photos. I took them with my camera phone which wasn’t the greatest. :slight_smile: All 3 were built in about 6 weeks time mostly on weekends and during the day when I was home (I work 2nd shift). I was actually working on them right up until the day I left for GenCon. lol I was a lot of work but a lot of fun. I’m working on a PKE Meter right now and then I work up a trap.

These are gorgeous. Real works of art, I tell you!

Oh those look awesome! I love the steampunk take on different things!

Thanks everyone! :slight_smile: