My Wife and I Are Now Waiting For Our Junior Ghostbuster

So my wife and I after months of intensive paperwork, training courses, home inspections and interviews, have just been approved by the State of Texas and DePelchin Children’s Center to be “Foster to Adopt” parents. Last weekend, we did a photoshoot in anticipation of this news and to welcome who we’ve been calling our “Maybe Future Kid” who is now simply “Future Kid.”

Just wanted to share the news and the “Waiting For You” photos with you guys. I hope you enjoy them.

Photography by Roberto Ganoza

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

Thats pretty cool and congratulations!

CONGRATS!!!

Hold on tight! It’s a heck of a ride. Also… Poo. LOTS AND LOTS of poo…

Soooo. MUCH. Pooo… :shock:

Haha! Thanks for that heads up, Alan. xD I’ve been practicing on my hamster.

shudders the first poo is the worst…I still remember…

Well, the age range we’ve been approved for is 0-7, with an emphasis on 0-3. While we could potentially be placed with a newborn, we’re more likely to get a toddler. Not saying poo won’t be a problem, because I’m not that naive. But it should be slightly less of a problem. Hopefully.

Also, one of our cats has chronic poo problems, so I’ve worked up an olfactory tolerance for poo from cleaning up after him time after time after time.

Great photos! Congrats on the future applicants! Are you going to screen them like Janine?

Haha! Maybe we can do a spoof video when all is said and done. xD

Apologies. Totally misread the first post.

From an adoptee, thank you. Its one of the single greatest things you can do.

Wonderful all around :crunch:

Cute photos! And congrats!!

Thanks again, guys. :slight_smile: Two people have already shared links to an Ecto-1 Cozy Coupe on my facebook wall. xD

Not a father, but I have a younger sister and have been around my nephews when it was time for that diaper change. You might have been a marine, you might have been a Lumberjack, you might’ve seen Blood and Guts, you might’ve seen ectoplasm residue, but you’ve never seen Ka Ka like this.

Congrats.

Congratulations to the both of you- that’s terrific news!

Just saw these, really cute, great concept! I bet the photographer had fun with this! I know it’s a little late, but congrats! I’ve got two little ones (eldest is turning 3 at the end if the month), and they are an extreme joy!

Thanks, guys! Not too late, pyhasanon. :slight_smile: We’re still waiting to be placed with a kid. We’re waiting on a call for a few potential placements currently.

Best of luck to you, bud- please keep us posted!

I see… Yeah, I have friends in the same position, and I hear it’s a very lengthy process… Well, best wishes to you both! =D

Great pics. Yous are truely bringing happiness to a child and that is priceless. Congrats and much luck and happiness to you all with your soon to be child.