Name ideas?....

Hiya fellas. Memorial Day weekend a friend of mine in Ohio is hosting a 30’s-50’s era theme costume-party. Naturally I thought I would go as an era-appropriate paranormal investigator and eliminator. The only problem is, I’ll have just a week to make what I need as all my tools and whatnot also reside in Ohio. However I’ve been preparing and should have all I need when I get there. I’ll post pics if anyone is interested.

The only real problem I’m having is coming up with a name for myself that sounds right for the time. I thought “Ernest Hudson” would be perfect, but I’m being told something more original would be better as it will be blatantly obvious I’m supposed to be a Ghostbuster. So do you guys have any suggestions?

I still think “Honest Ernest Hudson, Purveyor of Paranormal Extirpations” is funny.

When you said Ernest Hudson I thought of Jim Varney as a Ghostbuster. :wink:

I think the “name” of your costume/character is a bit of a mouthful. I think you’re gonna end up confusing everyone as the night goes on… and the alcohol intake increases… You’ll just end up with blank stares :smiley:

Maybe just go as a Ghostbuster plain and simple? The costume speaks for itself mate :slight_smile:

Ernest as a Ghostbuster is quite the humorous idea indeed!

I can see it now, Ernest roaming the halls of The Sedgewick and encountering Slimer eating from the dining cart…

Ernest (over walkie-talkie): “I see it now Vern, some sorta disgusting blob, ewwwwwwwwww” (contorts face).

Yeah the whole “honest ernest hudson” spiel (in old-timey radio voice!) was supposed to be an intentional mouthful for humor effect, and would probably only be used once or twice in the night. The only reason I need a name is I’m sure people will be asking who I am. I’m sure I’ll think of something though :smiley:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0032520/

OR