Well i decided i needed to have some goggles to make my GB attire complete for the Con this weekend, so I spent only a couple of hours last night making them. They are not accurate at all but I think they look pretty good for throwing some stuff together. the silver tipped lense is actually a flashlight housing used from a set of flashlights i got at harbor frieght awhile back. It was screwed into the lid of a vitamin bottle i had in one of my drawers. The frame is a pair of welding goggles i picked up from Ace Hardware. The solid black lense is another flashlight housing glued into a gutted pill bottle. the base for that lense is the cap for the pill bottle. I got the stickers from one of Vincenzos post here. Definately worth browsing for if you need the stickers. The battery cap underneath is a push button cap from one of the flashlights hot glued into place. The know on the side for On/Off/IR is a cap from a Dr. Pepper bottle. Like I said, not accurate but to me it looks pretty good. What do you guys think? Here are the pics.
Not too bad for a quick build, man - but why not paint the goggles plus base plate for the lenses a nice Olive Drab?
Also, I would’ve put the silver doo-dad on the longer lens, more like on the movie goggles. But that’s just me.
I plan on doing that tonight with the little silver pieces on the lenses. I found some that i can use from radioshack today. this is just the start. I would paint the the goggle frame the olive drab but it would more than likely not cure before i head to the con tomorrow. Unless i air brush the olive drab…which wouldnt be a bad idea now that i think about it. The tip for the black lenses i am going to change up a bit tonight to to make it look alittle closer like the movie set. I will post some pics tonight after i add the little bits of detail. I appreciate your feedback. Definately like your ideas.
I agree, painting before the con is not really an option, might still be sticky tomorrow. ![]()
But you can always repaint later!
Have fun rocking the goggles at that con, fellow buster of ghosts! I can’t wait to wear mine fully geared up…


