Does anyone have, know someone who has or is willing to sell a proton pack from on of the Kenner toys? Doesn’t matter if it’s the slimed heroes, the original, or the ecto-glow figures. Doesn’t even matter if it still has the beam as long as it can still attach to the pack and to the figure’s arm and has the handle in the back that’s all I care about (keep in mind though the crappier it is the less I’m willing to spend) Please PM I have a project I’m working on and would like to get 1 or 2 if possible. Thanks!
good luck! Ive bought my nephew a total of about 15 figures on ebay, and only ended up with 1 purple proton pack between the lot of them… they’re impossible to get by themselves, you usually have to get them as a part of a lot and end up spending between $25-50…
I kinda figured thats why I thought to ask here. I’m watching one or two lots now I just didnt want to pay that much if I didn’t have to.
I’ve may have an extra one to spare. Tell me, what is your project. I"m waiting to see someone to start making reproduction packs like I’ve seen for parts for g i joe and power rangers toys. All you have to do is cast a mold and then put in some plastic gunk, and bam, few hours later, you have a new one. Or are you starting some kind of slime pack for the figures? Oh, I"m so guessy today.
I really wish someone would make replacement packs (even if it was just the backpack with no gun, cord or beam)
I bought a Ray Stanz figure (got it for like $3) and since well my body type is about the same as that I was going to actually shave his head re-do the hair to match mine, add glasses and a beard then I planned on adding some putty to the pack to make it closer to the cartoon version and paint it, that’s why I was looking for one that isn’t in perfect condition. I made a replica of what I wanted to do to my car (the Ecto-Crusier) and wanted to have a figure thats almost to scale with it. If that looked good when I was done I was going to do another of my friend Khy who is in my signature with me, then one of my gf (even though she isn’t as into this and won’t let me make her a costume) and so on and so forth once I get an actual team together.
Oh! Before I forget I was also half planning on turning one pack once re-painted and made to match the cartoon closer into a key chain.
I see. Not a bad idea. Can’t believe I didn’t think of making my own figure. I want to see pics of the car you made. I’ve been big into making my own ecto vehicles since I was like 12 years old. I had an old ecto van and a few cars, the ecto can got messed up and I’ve worked around for a few years trying to find just the right toy body to make another. I’ve tried ambulances from the toy isles at kmart and walmart, until I took one of the jurrasic park trailor vehicles and painted it white. Its now a mobile lab per say. I like customizers.
I posted pics a while back when I first did it, here’s the link to the topic Ecto-Crusier... - Ectomobiles - GBFans.com
The first pictures were done in Illustrator when I was trying to figure out what exactly I wanted to do then as you scroll down you’ll see the 1:18th scale PT Cruiser I bought then modified w/ a 1:24th scale Ecto-1 Model Kit (even though it was smaller the PT is a smaller car than the real Ecto so it looked like the roof rack was made for it)
Can you fit the figures in that?
close, real close. but sadly no…well i could if i cut it off at the knees lol. I ended up buying some clay and I did a little coloring with a sharpie (I’m going to go over and still need to make some wire glasses) but I just wanted to show you the progess, it’s not as to scale as I originally thought but still wanna go through with it since I already started.




