I am building a GB costume for my Full size R2D2 for Dragon*Con. R2 is 18" in diameter. Any idea what size flight suit I should get for him. Remember he is rather on the short side!! Planning on building a
Andy
I am building a GB costume for my Full size R2D2 for Dragon*Con. R2 is 18" in diameter. Any idea what size flight suit I should get for him. Remember he is rather on the short side!! Planning on building a
Andy
I would think for an R2 unit you would be better off custom making a flight suit. R2 has 3 legs, no arms and is short and stubby. If you get a uniform that is 18" around you will have a lot of excess height to contend with. Not sure where you were going with that last sentence but this is all the advice I have for you on this.
I havent decided on the center leg yet (weather to make one leg or to end the suit like a long shirt) What would work best is a flight suit Jacket but I havent seen one of those. My plan is to cut the suit along both sides and then attach velcro. I can then place it on him like a poncho then attach the velcro to close the seams.
A bit out of my budget .