Neptune Beach Representing!

Hello,

I am Buzz Ryan, and with an overactive fervor I finally acquiesced to joining yet another group! I was a member of the 501st, Starfleet International, and currently part of the Cowford Steampunk Society.

I have always been a big fan of Ivan Rietman, Ghostbusters and Evolution in particular. I wouldn’t say I was a rabid fan but a couple years ago at Dragon Con I saw a group of you and got to thinking about it getting into GB ‘tuming because ya’ll looked like you have a good gig going. Thing is for me personally to get into something I have to actually see myself in that environment, and at the time I had a lot of things going on.

It is uncharacteristic of me to join a group when I don’t have a fully functional ensemble, but two weeks ago at Wal-mart looking for geeky tees I find a Ghostbusters baseball hat. It was the only one on the shelf…. I had to have it. When I got home I started looking at how to make a proton pack, and uniform guides and I found this site! I have already started making a couple of proton packs in the garage. (After spending the past few weeks delving into Space Time Adaptive Processors I am pretty sure I can grind out a Syncronus Generator.)

Because I lack the gift of moderation, barely understand the concept of apprehension, and restraint only in the recreational sense I have already generated plans, parts lists, flow, charts, quad charts, methodology methods, cost analysis, and have documented it all in my Big Book of Geek.

Here is the list of projects;

  • Uniform: Flight suit and patches on the way. Elbow pads, knee pads, web gear, jump boots already on hand.

  • Proton Pack- patterned and in parts procurement

  • Trap- Planned and budgeted.

  • Goggles- Harbor Freight run this weekend!!!

  • VW Beetle Ecto-conversion! I have a white bug and while I may not do a custom paint job on it I am looking into making magnetic signage to toss on there once I get the roof rack and light bar set up… erg… set up. If there is an interest maybe I will look into the bulk ordering of magnetic So anyone can turn their ride into an Ecto-ride.

  • Okay.. this is long range… I have been planning my mid-life crisis for a while now and this only has served to make it more manic… I am looking at buying a Kawasaki Ninja and if I can get it in white will have that one custom painted to become an Ecto-bike.

I have some group ideas also. I know the First Coast Ghostbusters have already done a few appearances and charity events so what I propose is only meant to enhance their noble works.

I know several talented photographers because I model (you know…Zoolander kinda stuff, not Revel…) part time, and have done a group gig with my steampunk crew. It would be awesome to find some locations to get some pics taken or even do portraits in the studio.

I’m thinking of a real Ghostbusters ghost hunt also. I have head rumor of this happening already, and think it would be awesome to do myself!

Yeah… that’s enough. If you aren’t sick of me by the end of this I pretty much am.

Nice to meet all of you!

Buzz Ryan

Wow! Big post, sounds like you are busy! Good luck and take lots of pics!