If I put on an NerdCon, how many of you would actually show up, and in full gear?
The answer to your question depends greatly on certain things. For instance, where is this “NerdCon,” as in what city and state? What hotel or convention center will it be at? What date, what time of year? What will the convention include, as in events attractions and people? How would it cost to attend?
I suppose the real important questions are “are you high or just retarded for asking such a wildly vague and pointless question on the Internet?” Are you so short-sighted that you expected you’d get a real informative answer or were you incapable of thinking about what you wanted to say and just decided to blow your post load as soon as possible?
mmmmmm
Nah…just asking a general question…no reason for you to blow up at me. Try aiming for a little more tactfulness next time. Thanks!
I still want to know what a nerdcon is???
I guess that since this is in the southwest forum it has the potential of being somewhat near me, but the question still remains which city and state would it be in? The southwest is a pretty big place…
Skip your not gonna get “tactfulness” with boomer on that one. Being a general question or not you really didn’t give the info on any of the things boomer mentioned and because of which that cause his response and renders your question in general to be a complete waist of time if all you were doing was sitting around with your finger in your belly button and wondering “if i put on a nerd con who would go” Its like saying…if i had a party this weekend who could I get to come…without giving any info at all what so ever.
Since this seems to be just a random question you asked just to try and get a general yes or no because you have no actual intentions of trying to start a nerd con then I see why you left out any important info such as location and times and all that BUT your on a board in which people frequent conventions asking if anyone would go to yours…you have to expect this kind of a response to such an uninformed question being ask. Not bashing you buddy but not defensing boomer either. Just adding in my own thoughts on the matter.
In answer to your question…Yeah I’d probably go.
Yeah I gotta agree with Boomer and EctoGlow. You came on the board asking who would attend a hypothetical convention without giving us any info as to whether or not it would be:
-
worth our time and money to go
-
in a location that we can feasibly get to
-
on a date that doesn’t conflict with our present individual schedules.
If you didn’t expect someone to point out your error, you really didn’t think this through.
If you supply us with some of the info that we’ve mentioned and a little clarification about what sort of event this will be, I will gladly tell you whether or not I would attend.
I would like to take the position that the original question about a hypothetical nerd con could include all these other questions that others including myself have been posing.
-
Would anyone be at all interested in such a convention?
-
What events should a nerd con have?
-
Which city/state has the largest concentration of people that would be interested in attending?
-
Which date would pose the least scheduling conflicts to the nerd community?
-
How much would it need to cost to rent the convention hall and thus how much would each person attending be required to pay?
I am not necessarily looking to slipkid08 for answers to these questions though he is welcome to chime in…
He wont. If he does he wont answer said questions and If he did the fact still remains that it’s still pointless to even ask if you have no intention of ever putting it together in the first place so, why bother?
Hay guis, if I put on an ice cream social on one of my future trips, would any of you show up?
I need a head count soon, pls.
I’m totally there B. When and where and do you have chocolate vanilla twists in a cone?
I think what was originally being ask here was if the community found the general idea of a nerd con acceptable or detestable. Not would you go to this specific event for which I have provided no details. So logistics aside is a nerd con something that you would go to if it was close to you and at a time when you didn’t have anything else going on?
or maybe hes was trying to be slick in asking how many here would answer to being called a nerd…
Okay, so… please differentiate a “nerd” con from any other type of convention that we all regularly frequent?
Not the point I was trying to make boomer.
Yes. To us they are all nerd cons because it what we like to do.
But you do understand that there will always be people who like to make fun of others for doing what we do, or liking what we like. Some people are just mean a-holes.
But the question sort of sounded like someone just wanting to call people nerds. But I can be wrong..
I’m done here =3