Hi all, I’m new here and I really want to say a huge thank you to this site. I just built my wife and I two Proton packs for Halloween costumes and I wouldn’t have been able to do it without the info on this forum.
It took a little over two weeks to make the two of them, and about $50 each. Although a lot of the stuff was just lying around in my basement so it would have been more if I’d bought everything. Because of the huge time constraint I couldn’t build movie accurate replicas - that’s on my list for a much longer project in the future, these are just fun crafts.
I labeled up the photo in the hopes that it might help some other newbies looking to build packs on an ultra small budget.
The tupperware and pencil case can still be opened to replace the batteries in the kids toy and puck light. I need to learn electronics for the real replica, but for now this is the best I could manage.
So yep, glad to be a new member of the forum and thanks to you all for the great info!
Not for these ones. There’s so much wrong on them already (did you notice I put the ion arm on backwards? lol). It’s also got the wrong color cables and it’s missing key bits like the Legris Elbow and the cosmetic plates. This was just a two week Halloween costume scramble. But yep, on the next one I plan on getting it screen accurate.
Still looks really good. Wishing this would have been posted weeks ago. I’ve been trying to put together two packs myself. But wanted to do them some what screen accurate. Plan on doing Comicon/Cosplay. But work got slow so our packs got pushed to the back burner. But I could have totally made these before Halloween, I already have our Alice frames. Thanks for posting.