New IGN Video Preview

Enjoy: Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime Video Preview - IGN

My reaction after watching this is the same as my reaction when this game was first announced. “Meh.” I’ll still give it a try though just cause it’s Ghostbusters.

i am so tired of seeing “meh.” about a 5 dollar arcade game.

It looks like they didn’t include any of the new weapons from the previous game. That seems like a bad idea. Simply running around just swinging your proton stream about is gonna get really repetitive. Especially considering that you can’t even use it to capture any of the ghosts except the final boss in each level.

Shame… a weapon like the shock blast would have worked even better in a game like this with massese of enemies than it did in the original. And I could see the slime tether being used by one or two guys to open a door while the others kept the ghosts at bay.

As is, it doesn’t look like I’ll be purchasing this one.

That is not what the developer stated earlier . . .

Looks like fun.

actually seeing more of it the more i am impressed with it.

Okay, I’m sold. This game looks super neat. The gameplay looks pretty fun! And comic book style cutscenes? Yaaaaaay!

Does look like fun to me, too.

Nice preview of the comic story sequences, too. So it looks like the main villain is named Lord Dumazo and it has an underling named Ismael. Janisz steals some shard and delivers it to Ismael in one of those panels.

What isn’t? That you’ll only have the proton stream, or that you will trap only bosses?

The game is only five dollars?

If that’s the case, that changes things a bit. This looks more fun than the first episode of the Back to the Future game I paid $25 for.

The guy that did the review even stated he only played the first level.

The developer that is on here, said that you upgrade/get new equipment as you go.

Yeah but you paid for 5 episodes not just the one.

Can’t wait for this. Many evenings of couch co-op await my friends and me.

I Second that. Couch co-op has nearly become a thing of the past.

which is really an awful shame.

Aside from Littlebigplanet 1,2 and Scott Pilgrim vs The World, the last time I did any local co-op was Resident Evil 5. I did some pass the controller for the AssCreedBro multiplayer which worked out well.

Day 1 purchase for me! Looks decent enough for a downloadable title. Plus once it’s completed you can just whack it on as a time killer and have a quick blast.

Pretty excited about the week this releases. We get a new Ghostbusters game and WWE All Stars too :slight_smile:

Although I’m not a fan of the artwork for the cutscenes, the gameplay still looks pretty fun. According to the reviewer, the game takes place in the present day. That can’t be right; not only is the equipment more or less the same as GB:TVG, but the Rookie would no longer be a rookie after 20 years (1991-2011).

image

I’m sorry. Did I say something wrong? I only thought that this new game would be taking place a few years after GB:TVG, not in the present day.