Hi, I am looking for a new project to get stuck into but everything seems to have been covered, is there anything that has not been done yet or is there something that has been done but could be improved on. Or is there a something the community needs that could be developed ! No impossible or silly suggestions please.
Iona PKE build! Iona PKE build! Iona PKE build! (says selfishly
).
I think the Matty PKE shelved most of the conversions. Maybe there is a comprehensive thread that I missed but I have not seen one. Once I get done with my pack, I’m gonna dust off my red Iona and give it a shot.
Here is an excellent reference, for when you are ready ! Matty PKE teardown and IONA comparison (pic intensive) - Collectibles - GBFans.com
So far there have been no accurate tripod traps or LIS’s completed. There’s been only one accurate, complete giga or slimescoop done. Iirc there’s only been one semi-accurate scratch built globuscope and only one finished, working dancing toaster. Egon’s stethoscope is a rare build mostly due to the headphones being hard to find.
I am SO hopeful that someone will offer a Gigameter kit. I’ve got the micrphones and a spinning light toy.
Alex
JD has summed up most of the items that have been covered/attempted. Finding items that have not been looked at should be a whole thread unto itself.
I’ve got one that I’ve been working off an on for about 3 years. It’s the Sedgewick Hotel Sign scaled down for the 6 inch Matty Figures, so you could go for whatever other scale if you wish.
Only bad things I can think of is it would only appeal to diehard fans and it’s another sign. You’d have to change your online name to SignGuy. :lol:
How about a 1:1 replica of Hook and Ladder 8 with the LA interior? I think that is worth a shot! ![]()
I am quite interested in a gigameter but AZspidey seems to be getting on with his own version. Also if i were to try and takle this i would only start it with a original redman, which seems impossible to find now !
He seems pretty swamped with requests going back a couple of years. He might actually welcome someone else offering a Giga. Competitive markets are better than monopolies.
Alex
Ok has anyone got a original redman or a VERY good copy they would like to trade. ( Hope this post is ok ? )
Posting something like that would get more exposure in the Wanted section.
I was searching the other day for redman scrubber and I found someone who had bought one and put up sketches and rough dimensions, I cannot remember if it was on this site or not. So I have re traced my steps and also looked in my history but I cannot find the page , so can anyone point me i the right direction or does anyone have a scrubber that they would be willing to take down some measurements. Thanks
