new to GB......

hi all, names matt, handles abntroop, ex 82nd airborne infantry, currently I’m an architectural and mechanical draftsman out of work, been a long term RPF member, proptopia member/lurker, legion member, etc etc. been buildin props and costumes for 10 years+ now. got out of it for the most part for the last few years, quit the 501st legion, and after a hiatus finally have the opportunity to dedicate some attention to putting together a GB rig. Needless, to say this project has been sitting on the backburner for a while and always seemed to get pushed around so I’m happy to finally have the time to tackle this project. Looks like your community is an information goldmine, I look forward to meeting you all, learning and maybe even contributing. I look forward even more to working on this thing. I don’t know about you folks, but the tactile sensations that go along with prop building are huge for me. sights, smells, the feel of stuff on/in your hands. That end all sensation of holding something in your hand that you dreamed of as a kid but never thought possible is just “The Shit”. It’s been a bit, and I’m really looking forward to reviving that experience. :slight_smile: feel free to check out some of my stuff here: http://tk-4136.spaces.live.com/

matt

That Jango Fett suit is bad ass!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the boards. Alot of current and former 501st members get into GB gear as well. Propmaking becomes addictive after awhile for sure.

welcome

yes, very cool Jango Fett. My son will be Wall-e this year and he wants to be Boba or Jango Fett next year (he’s 7) but he still likes putting on his proton pack I made him from foam and ■■■■ 3 yrs ago. Welcome to the site!

thanks for the warm welcome guys! ya, the Fett was a labor of love, but then really all of these costumes are. I don’t think I’m really ever as happy as when I’m dremeling away, or working on these projects in some way. It’s a nice disconnect from the daily mundane. :slight_smile: I’m always a fan of getting the younglings started early! I know I would’ve killed to see/touch/wear this stuff when i was a kid, Heck! I’m sure thats why we’re all in this hobby.

Welcome.. again.