Noob Alert! Noob Alert!

Hi folks!

Well, it’s true: I’m a complete prop-building noob (The bolding of the text is very justified).

Ghostbusters was one of the first films I remember seeing at the cinema, at the wise old age of eight. It captivated me then and continues to captivate me to this very day, nearly twenty five years on.

After years of hiding anonymously in dark corners of the internet admiring fan’s self-made proton packs and other various ghost-bashing equipment, I decided it was time to stop all this pitiful lurking and literally grab the neutrona wand with both hands. Very firmly.

So, here I am. I’ll probably be popping up from time to time to ask an incredibly stupid question or two while I’m working on my pack, so get the rotten fruit ready… :walterpeck:

This community seems like it’s got a disproportionately high number of friendly, helpful and insightful members - which, for an internet forum group, is as near to miraculous as you can probably get without turning water into wine - I only hope that, with time, I can actually contribute something useful myself!

I think that’s quite enough out of me for now - I’ll go back to my pack research!

Jon

I can turn water into wine, but it will cost you.

Welcome.

Haha, I bet bath nights are fun in your house!

Thanks for the welcome :slight_smile:

Remember the only stupid question is the one you don’t ask…well, come to think of it, I guess some questions could be considered stupid :smiley: Anyway, welcome aboard :walterpeck: Have fun building and research and stuff!

Thanks!

Half the fun has been researching the best way to get started - actually, as I haven’t actually started the build yet, all the fun has been in the research! :smiley:

That will change soon enough though. I’m really looking forward to getting my hands dirty! :wink:

Welcome to the madness!

Welcome. We look forward to seeing you around.

Thanks folks! :smiley:

Hmm…noob alert. Better than a nerd alert. :wink:

Nice to meet you.

I like the nerd alerts! Or maybe I just like the nerds?

Welcome! I can’t turn water into wine, but I can turn into pee…

You turn into pee?

yes! Unfortunately, people flush my down the toilet…