Hi, I have been looking all around to find something that could be used as an ECTO 1, not being in the US etc I’m quite limited to what I can find or use.
I know that there is no way I could ever afford to import the correct car for ECTO, but I have found something that could be used? Its a 74 Cadillac Miller Meteor traditional Landau hearse and apart from the flair at the rear looks ok although the front is different also.
The idea would be to cut out new rear windows and get rid of the vinyl roof, and re spray white. Everything else would be as close to the real ECTO as I can get.
I definitely would recommend removing the vinyl so it won’t retain moisture and cause rust, especially if its going to be stored outside. Less windows also mean less visibility. Try to find images of your car that was built with the windows so you’ll know how it should look. Hope this helps
After having a look at the first link, which has left me breathless I would be happy not to cut out windows and just have the “fake” windows instead, also as Chace said, it be a shame to cut it and it would still keep its value if it was still pretty much the same.
I will research this fully before jumping in but feeling a lot better about it looking great even if not the correct type.