Id gather it would, being a mass of circut boards and wires attached to a belt.. stupidity and paronoia that reigns at airports. But I dont have any firsthand experience with it.
I wouldn’t risk it. Anything that doesn’t look like a consumer product is going to get you unwanted attention. Also, if you’re gonna put it in your checked baggage, I’d leave a note in there explaining what it is since they will x-ray it and probably open it.
It’d be easier just to ship it, or get someone to take it. Lord knows a PKE meter or a circuit board on the belt would cause any TSA agent to freak out. And you certainly don’t wanna be in a waiting room while everyone is out having a good time.
As long as you’re not going into Israel, it will most likely not suffer any bullet damage.
If you pack it with your uniform, and a GB picture showing the uniform, you “might” get through the stupidity of the TSA. But I don’t see much hope. They’re useless, except when it comes to giving people a hard time for stupid little things..
Remember, these are the people who think someone can hijack a plane with a pair of tweezers, and if you say you’re in possession of some dihydrogen monoxide, you’d get tackled by armed security and the whole place thrown into lock-down.
As a middle easterner that has traveled with props, I say this: Show up ahead of time and have pictures of your prop from the movie scene to help explain what you have. Remember, the TSA is staffed with ordinary people. I’m sure they’ll be amused with your prop. I traveled with a ghost trap and lightsaber before and after a close inspection, they let me go.
of course they let you go! they’d be accused of being racist, or insensitive, and it would be all over the news… no, they’d rather scan a 12 year old girl with a 3-d body scanner.
Actually, Uni, they let me go after a careful inspection of my props. However, TSA has never given me any real trouble. They just want a closer look. I’ve also been subject to random searches and have had been through the human x-ray machine and sniffer.
Though, I don’t know if you’re being serious or just trolling.
I was being serious, my message being delivered in my usually playful way. I was giving critique at the way TSA operates, in that they are known for searching people who clearly pose no threat, such as that little girl, and doing the scan that allows the screener to see her ■■■■? It’s over the line, and a waste of resources.
I can say this after being and going through SDCC, I tried to get my Proton Pack through Continental Airlines I must have talked to 10 people until the answer was officially NO. I showed pictures and other forms of documentation. I ended up shipping through UPS with minimal of damage but a hefty price.