hi guys im in the uk and am going to an event by train in 2 weeks im basically going up and back in costume and im worried security may have issues with my proton pack and not allow me to take ot on the train is this at all likely or am i worrying too much. id hope the fact im in costume would be enough to clue them in that its not a suspicious item
It could cause problems, yeah. You may want to talk to security or at least cover it with a poncho or garbage bag if you can’t put it in some kind of carrying case.
It’s possible security would just look at it and let you move on. It’s also possible someone could get very upset and cause a panic.
I’ve caused minor panic twice.
Once a child screamed because I brought a “gun” into a school.
Another time security at a shopping center parking garage chased me down because they thought I was carrying a bomb.
Both times it was resolved quickly so it may not be an issue. Ultimately it’s up to you and your best judgment, and you’re at least aware it could cause problems.
I recently took my pack on a train and used this case http://www.sportsdirect.com/dunlop-hard-suitcase-708040?colcode=70804094.
I used a couple of pillows for additional padding and it worked great, the pack was kept safe and sound.
Good god Lando, it sounds like you are lucky to still be alive with your encounters. I am still waiting for the day I get pulled over and the cop asks me what it is in my back seat. Without a doubt I would have to answer “its an unlicensed nuclear proton accelerator” Every time I play this out in my head the cop either knows what that means, or pulls a gun and calls the bomb squad.
YES. That also happened to me. I was working on my gear at work and a cop asked me what it was. I told him it was an unlicensed nuclear accelerator and he was NOT amused.
I had a cop stop me in costume one time cause he thought it was the coolest thing ever! But the time I get pulled over I am certain it wont be that guy haha
I recently rode public transit in Boston to a parade with another GB and we didn’t get hassled by anyone. Just the question, “what are you suppose to be, can we take your picture?”
But with the Boston marathon bombing and us going to the location where it happened I made sure I had the contact information of the group we were meeting whom could verify our involvement in the event we needed help.