"Field test" Ghostbusters Short Film

Hey everyone.

Me and Ganthorion earlier this year and filmed a concept pilot for a few ghostbusters fan films we were thinking of making. A life of priorities put it on the back burner for ages until we had a deadline presented to us - which was the website launch for our WA franchise.

Let me know what you think of it, I’d love to hear some feedback on our video.

That was great! Nicely done.

Wasn’t expecting to laugh.

I laughed hard :smiley:

Great job

Good work, blokes

Nicely done.

Side note: people need to start editing the on/off pack sound effects so that they actually sound like they are coming from the pack on-screen. Reducing the bass and dropping the quality of the sample will do this, or making it a mono track and inserting it over the recorded sound, I think.

Nice foreshortening on the stream effect! (when it goes towards the camera) That’s the only other time I’ve seen it attempted since the Italian fanfilm last year.

We might be doing another fan film contest this year with judges instead of voting. I’ll be sure and let you guys know if we do in case you want to participate.

Very cool :slight_smile:

We were thinking about entering it in for this years comp, but we thought it was going to be a vote system again and figured we wouldn’t have a chance (since we would be an international long shot, we wouldn’t get the votes needed.)

Pity I didn’t see your message until it was too late. Guess we will try and enter for your next one.

Hey all,

Due to account dramas, we have had to make a new YouTube account for this video to be uploaded to. the new link is found here.

We have taken on your advice and made a few changes to the sound design, hope this is a little better now.

Dudes…excellent. Take your hand off the trigger, brilliant!