"NEW" RGB PKE METER

I am currently building an RGB style PKE meter that is similar to the one GhostGuy created, except that I wanted mine to be the same color as the one used in the cartoon. So far this is what I have come up with, and I am pretty excited about it, but I’m not sure what to use for the electronics. I really want to build my own light kit but I don’t have any experience with electronics, if anybody has any idea’s on what I should do next please let me know.

Nice job! As far as electronics go if you don’t know much about it doing a custom setup may be more than you want to get into unless you really want to learn about it. My suggestion would be to do a simple 555 timer circuit. With that you’ll be able to do the blinking yellow lights on the antenna, a “beep” noise in sync with them and hook up one of the knobs to control the speed. There are tons of websites out there with 555 schematics and all the parts should be available at radio shack. What you’d be looking to create is an astable 555 circuit, you’ll have to do some calculations to determine parts values though there are automatic calculators available on the web.

Of course you could always just go the easy route and gut a cheap blinky toy. :whatever:

What did you use for the metal part that holds the wings? That looks pretty sharp!

I pretty much built mine the same way GhostGuy did, I used an amerock double roller catch, and a turnbuckle. He wasn’t kidding when he said that it was a bitch putting the antenna together. I decided to make mine a little different though, so I put the turnbuckle on sideways so that I can put the antennas down further.

i like it. it looks really close to the show, and it holds up like it would work. id like it even more if the wood grain was smoothed out some more.

I’m working on that right now, I had to paint it by hand so what I’m gonna do next is try to smooth out the paint so that it will look better.

You cheated. :slight_smile: I see you used small screws on the roller catch . I used aluminum posts which meant I had to drill the holes much larger. Bent that ■■■■ out of every roller catch I did it to. I had to hammer them back into shape.

It’s funny to look at this. If I didn’t know better I’d think the body was from one of the ones I built, repainted. :slight_smile:

You got it real close, and I didn’t even post any plans. I forget, did I post measurements?

Yeah I pretty much came up with the measurements myself, and I really liked your PKE meter a lot, you did a really good job. I am glad that we all have access to gbfans so we can share our ideas. :sigh:

That is so awesome! If I may ask, how did you build it?

I used the pictures of GhostGuy’s RGB pke meter as reference.

Here is my new PKE meter with a cheap ass light kit that I made from scratch. I am pretty excited about this project because this is the first light kit I ever made. I only spent 30 dollars on this project, seeing how I am currently without a job, and I have no money, I’d say that it turned out pretty good! :whatever: :cool: :blush: :eyeroll: :sigh: :boogieman:

I see you changed the graphic you were using for the screen. :slight_smile:

You know whats funny, is I used the same graphic from the toy on my old pke meter…rip. When I started to build a more screen accurate pke meter I decided to smash my old one with a hammer and be done with it.

Sweet!!

Nice job on the lights, too!!

Very nice job! looking great to me. Is it built upon a wooden base?