If this is an official prototype, it looks like we may have just discovered our 4th figure for the 2012 line. Or the “Thank you” gift. Or perhaps this is what the 2013 lineup will be; a re-release of the 4 main guys with removable packs.
Huh. that would be something. kind of disappointing though, considering most of us have all 4 figures already. they should have made them with removable packs from the very beginning, its not like it would be any difficult feat.
Releasing the same figures with removable packs at this point seems like a poor idea. Maybe if you had some cool accessories to switch out, but what is there other than a slimeblower?
I fear if they release these the poor sales would bury whatever is left of the line.
I could see their thinking if it was a retail set where they have a 4 pack of busters with removable packs, and then an add on slime blower pack and an add on video games pack set with appropriate accessories, but from what I understood the sales haven’t really justified a retail release.
hmmm… something that “lives” in the 6" world… I wonder if its a ghost? would that be considered a figure or a pack-in accessory? doubtful that they would sculpt a new ghost just for this… an accessory pack is something that the fans have wanted since the first time we saw a pack-in proton stream, an accessories pack would be very easy for them to do
True, a set of streams, trap, another tripod trap or two, and a set of goggles would be killer, if they released a slime stream for the blowers that would be even cooler. Only time will tell what Matty has up their sleeve though. They play their cards pretty close to the chest.
Ugh, mixed feelings about this figure (if it does come out.) I’ll likely pick a couple up, but as others have said this SHOULD have been standard with the figures, from the beginning. Why not just make the figures the best they can be from the get go?
Same thing used to happen a lot more with Hasbro’s Star Wars line. We’d get a so-so rendition of a character, only to finally later on down the line get the Super-articulated, far more accurate figure:(
I remember Toyguru saying Venkman was the only figure that met expectations, so making a different one might make some business sense to them, on paper at least. But I wonder if this is just an early prototype then switched to making them with non-removable packs. And also, with the standard one being availabel all year around I can’t see them releasing this.
Regarding the Thank You, I don’t see it being tony Scoleri, I think they will save that for Court Room Ray or Egon. I also don’t see it being an accessorie set, as something they said a while back made it sound like a new tool. They said its not a figure but would a ghost count as a figure? Thats all I think it can really be. Maybe the Library Ghost (shhh version). Two ghost figures I always wanted were Slimer coming out of the hot dog wagon and the fur coat ghost from GB2.
All I can think of, even though how unlikely it may be, is that if you make the packs removable, which for Peter, the question is why? His equipment didn’t change other than subtle differences in packs. So it makes me wonder if Mattel realizes that the pack has to come off in order to make an Ecto possible. As highly unlikely as it may be from a business standpoint, it would be pretty sick for us collectors. But only can only speculate…
I can’t think of a compelling reason to buy this if it releases. It’s just another example of something nice that could have been done to start with if Matty put the work in.
I WOULD however, consider buying a Ray if Matty gave him a new head that looks better and fits the goggles that came with the Rookie, which could be packed in with him.