Ray Parker Jr - Ghostbusters theme song

Just been listening too it and it got me thinking Noddy Holder from Slade makes so much money from Merry Christmas Everybody

“Noddy Holder has referred to the song as his pension scheme, reflecting its continuing popularity and the royalties it generates. In 2015 it was estimated that the song generates £500,000 of royalties per year.”

Surely the same applies too RPJr as that song is so popular now in pop culture references adverts using it etc etc that 1 song set him up for life now and is one of the most recognized songs of all time.

Not sure if you are asking a question or making a statement. It would be a difficult thing to comment on, because I believe he had to pay some money to Huey Louis because a court judge agreed that it sounded like, “I want a new drug”. Although I personally don’t find the songs similar, but others do. Anyways I’m sure he does ok, but isn’t buying private jets and islands in the Caribbean.

The settlement is sealed so it’s unknown if Huey Louis gets a portion of royalties from Ray Parker jr’s Ghostbusters song or not.