Does anyone know what they used for the real N-filter on the hero quality packs? What was it? I went the Pringles can route and I ended up denting it this morning on my finished pack. Now that I have to fix it, I’m wondering if anyone knows what the original N-filter was so I can just use that instead and make a new one.
I think people just use PVC for that. Unless they’re making a cheap pack and then they use a pringles can.
What did they use for the real one? The real packs are made of fiberglass pulled from a mold. So it’s made of the same thing as the rest of the pack. Whatever it was made from to make the original mold doesn’t matter, and nobody knows anyway.
Actually, we started using pringles cans because they are mentioned in Norm’s plans. PVC does sound far more durable though for a part that looks like it’'s gonna take some abuse. (Plus I can probably drill the n filter holes in pvc pipe.
I looked at the pringles can, and looked again at the planet hollywood pics, and decided the pringles can look too small to me. Lowe’s has 3" abs pvc that looks killer for a n filter. You can easily drill out the filter holes, and they even have a cheap test cap for it that caps it for you.
If you end up working on it, make sure you use goggles.. because this is thicker, you get a lot more flying shavings, and ya really do NOT want these in your eyes!
My synchronous generator is made from insulation foam I just picked up some flat white paint for the inner n filter “filters”, and once I have them dry assembled, I’ll update the pics in my wip thread.
i used a plastic cylinder bottle with a circle of mat board to finish it off on the end, then vinyl spackle to seal the gap-strong and slighly flexible. pvc would be better though.
dude i went to the store to grab some pringles for the n filter…which as stated many times before is a bit to big but suitable …i found this cylinder can (essentially the same thing as a pringles can) which was absolutly the perfect size… it was crystal light… got it at target…