Retailer Exclusive Variants (#1)-- "YOU as a Ghostbuster!"

I’ve been searching the web for as many of the retailer exclusive variants as I can, and I have been able to located the following covers as of 09/28/2011:

The four comics with the “No Ghost” logo on the corner are covers I own.

Has anyone found any of the other Retailer Exclusive covers? According to Challengers Comics & Conversation eBay listing:

Who are the other 2 retailers?

EDIT:

I have located one more Retailer Cover on Ebay-- Lair Comics in New York City.

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300604548965#ht_959wt_702

Thanks for posting this information. One from Canada and six from the USA so far. Neat stuff.

Where’d you find these? I’ve been looking for the images myself.

those are just atrocious.

My comics had all the websites for the stores on the back cover. I can post a list on Monday when I’m back in my office.

I haven’t got any of my comics in the mail yet, so that’s for the heads up Josh Foote.

I’m just glad that IDW limited this to only 9 store rather than the 75 retailer exclusive covers that made for Gozilla: King of Monsters #1… 80 variant covers total…

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/02/19/all-eighty-variant-covers-of-godzilla-1-from-idw/

I’ve found the above 7 mainly through Google and eBay searches.

I don’t think they limited it to 9.

I think only 9 stores pre-ordered 500 copies of the #1 issue.

I’ll be accompanying the West Coast Busters at Comickaze tomorrow morning for a launch event. Details are here

http://comickazeonline.webs.com/

Can I have your autograph?

You’ll have to speak to my agent. :smiley:

Ok, I am beyond confused right now…

I just got in my copy of the Austin Books & Sports Card Variant, and I can confirm that the last two Retailer Exclusives are:

-Matt’s Cavalcade of Comics, Cards, & Collectables (Corvallis, OR)

http://www.ilovespidey.com/

-Clem’s Comics & Games (Lansing, MI)

http://www.clemslansing.com/

Now, the funny thing is, that if you go to either of these comic shops websites, they make no mention AT ALL that they have an exclusive Retailer Ghostbusters #1 cover. As a matter of fact, Clem’s does have a nice news entry about how they have an exclusive Godzilla cover from IDW, but nothing on Ghostbusters…

http://www.clemslansing.com/wordpress/?p=3299

I don’t understand why these two guys would risk so much money by ordering 500 copies of a comic in order to get their own exclusive cover and then not take any time to promote the fact that they have a cover! Clem’s even mentions the risk on the Godzilla news posting!!!

:sigh:

Here are the links for all the comic stores that have their own covers:

www.austinbooks.com

www.challengercomics.com

www.comickaze.com

www.clemslansing.com

www.curious.bc.ca

www.laironline.net

www.ilovespidey.com

www.ppfcomics.com

www.thirdeyecomics.com

I was able to get one of each- except the last two… was there 2 more or is that just speculation?

There are two more:

-Matt’s Cavalcade of Comics, Cards, & Collectables (Corvallis, OR)

http://www.ilovespidey.com/

(541) 752-6757

-Clem’s Comics & Games (Lansing, MI)

http://www.clemslansing.com/

www.clemscollectibles.com

[email protected]

You can get them by emailing them or calling them. Clem’s is very easy to work with, but I had a harder time with Matt’s though. I still can’t located a scanned image of either one of their covers online…

i can’t get a hold of clems i already have all the other just need clems

Same here- I spoke with them the Thursday… they said I would get a call back this week.

A minor note, but for the Clem’s cover, they are at the Fort Wayne, Indiana location, that the Lansing one. I got referred to the right one when I emailed them and worked out an order with Ryan, the assistant manager, who is the fellow on the cover, too.

The first is scanned from the checklist in the issue and the second is a cover scan:

image

image

For those who need it;

Clem’s;

(260)436-2719

thanks for the number i ordered one today he is really a nice guy

hey guys clem has made his available on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ghostbusters-1-Ongoing-Clems-Variant-Cover-2011-1st-Print-/160672879038?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2568d991be