So about a decade ago I began my journey in Game Development with the goal of creating a Ghostbusters game (under the name SadJason). I’ve done a lot of thing since then like serving in the US Navy and getting a degree in Game Development…but I never completed a Ghostbusters game. I’m looking to correct that.
So starting from the ground up, I’m developing a top-down action game based on The Real Ghostbusters. I’ll post updates as often as I can. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
The sprites actually started off as an edit of Alien Syndrome for the NES then I was inspired Magic of Scheherazade so I reworked the heads. I’m actually thinking of dropping some of the colors from the Character sprites to bring them more inline with the NES inspiration. Thoughts?
I kinda wish you could shoot diagonally. I imagine they’ll be upgrades or different weapon pick ups as the build progresses?
Are you supposed to be able to get outside of the map? There’s a book case in the top right corner of the house I just walked through (you can shoot it too, I see) and I got on the other side of the walls and walked around the map.
I didn’t get hit my first play and killed everything in the house- I guess nothing is supposed to happen, yet? I reset and died on purpose to see what happened. The slimed animation is nice. I look forward to seeing more ghosts/creatures. The thing in the shrubs was cool
Kind of reminds me of Zombies Ate My Neighbors (loved that game). Keep going, man. I’m sure there’s a lot of ideas you have yet to implement. Seems like a good foundation to build on.
The Top down RPG stile is nice but feels easy seeing ware the ghost are.
“In the Kitchen I thought the oven was going to come get me.”
Love the hunted Bush, I feel like that was a big part of RGB not being able to find all the ghost and needing the PKE meter to Hunt them down but in a NES game that may just not be a good idea. You could always toy with a weapon or equipment select box if there is room.
The only part i did not Love was the Proton Pack firing Sound.
All in all its your Game Build and its cool to see it at all at this point.