Rookie from FL, just starting out...

Hey guys, I’m Josh… or as I am known around the web.. Darkartist. I live in Citrus Springs, FL, right outside of Ocala. I am a custom 1:6 figure artist, I make and sell 12 inch figures… Been doing that for a few years, mostly horror based stuff.

I’m a long time collector of horror masks and props, and a long time fan of Ghostbusters. I used to run around with my cousin, who was able to afford the toy proton pack… just so I could pretend to be Ray and throw out the trap or find “spooks” with the PKE. I recently had a bit of a resurgence into the franchise with the game release and the 1:6 figure projects that have been sprouting around the various action figure forums.

So I now am adding this to my list of expensive hobbies and was able to score a bunch of gear in a trade I made with a buddy. So I have a jumpsuit, trap, goggles and a pack (the latter item coming in a week or so).

I plan on eventually trying my hand at building some of this stuff, and maybe join up with a group and have some fun. For now though, I’m just enjoying the hobby and being here on the forum. I will be sure to post some of my work here as well, especially my Ghostbusters. :mrgreen:

Welcome! If you check out the For Sale section sometimes folks are unloading stuff (darned girlfriends!) and sometimes they sell parts and sometimes sell 1/6th scale proton packs!!!

Thanks man! I appreciate the warm welcome and for steering me in the right direction. I definitely feel a bit like a fish out of water here, the scale of the work is a bit different from what I am used to. But it should be a fun challenge to get to know everything.