RTBY Peter.....

Ordered mine today too, I can’t wait until it arrives. Customizing Peter will have to wait however as I am attending college at the moment.

It is nice to finaly have this subset finished.

I got mine yesterday! He is a great figure for someone without the other RTBY guys like me. Check out my review, it should have the packaging part too, but my computer wouldn’t let me put the two together. Also if you dont like it, please dont be too rude about it…

Peter isn’t too accurate, but in person i think he is fine. Could be better though. I think they should have waited for Dana/Zull before raising the price though.

He does look better with legs.

*Work in progress. Still needs rotting guts and paint.

What legs did you use SlimeGuy?

One of the new Star Trek 6 inch action figures. I think it was Kirk… Whoever’s legs were left over after some of my other tinkering. Here’s a shot of Bones(?) torso and legs. The lower torso pops out, then it’s just a matter of removing the excess material leaving a spine. Like I said, it still needs more work and to be built up and detailed, but at least it gives an idea of what this cabbie has the possibility of looking like and for cheap! I picked up the Star Trek figures for about $3 at Toys R Us and they match the GB Scale perfectly.

Thanks for the info! I think I might give it a shot myself.

nice! yes, I wish Matty had been brave enough to sculpt some new legs (or at least used existing legs from the gb line or another matty line) even though we dont see them on screen. of course, theyve scrimped on more importand things, so im not surprised they took the easy way out

I don’t see what all the fuss is about. You don’t actually see the taxi drivers legs anyways.

I agree

Sent from my SGH-T759 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android

Dont get me wrong though, that custom is awesome! I just don’t mind the lacking of legs.

Sent from my SGH-T759 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android

I know the promo figure had Ghostbusters II written on the package, but did anyone else’s RTBY Peter have it? When I opened up the white box (which I noticed is smaller) that said Ghostbusters I was surprised to see the package inside read Ghostbusters II.

I don’t mind, I like mistakes like this, just wondering if anyone else got one.

Yeah you are not the only one, all 4 of mine say Ghostbusters II.

Ok,thanks, just wanted to make sure on that one. It’s pretty lame that things like that happen. Not to mention the lack of originality in some of these figures. Oh well, I love them no matter what.

I know this isn’t the topic, but any word on the next figure? Is it still supposed to be Dana in April?

Mine also had Ghostbusters II written on the packaging. Glad I’m not the only one!

Huh. Mine had Ghostbusters on it, with no II. Odd. Maybe the Ghostbusters II versions were the first off the assembly lines, and they caught the error?

Same here mine says Ghostbusters II on the blister card. it seems like Mattel is really struggling with the qulity control of thier collectors items. Over in another thread I read that the Retro Action RGB Janine action figure is prone to having the paint rubb off of her hair in the box. I hope that when Dana Barrett and the Rookie come out Mattel is going to exercise better quality control over this line.

Other than the wrong label, I am very happy that this subset is finished, and I hope that later this year either a Courtroom Ray or Egon comes out.

[quote=“SlimeGuy”]
One of the new Star Trek 6 inch action figures. I think it was Kirk… Whoever’s legs were left over after some of my other tinkering. Here’s a shot of Bones(?) torso and legs. The lower torso pops out, then it’s just a matter of removing the excess material leaving a spine. Like I said, it still needs more work and to be built up and detailed, but at least it gives an idea of what this cabbie has the possibility of looking like and for cheap! I picked up the Star Trek figures for about $3 at Toys R Us and they match the GB Scale perfectly.

Its Chekov if I’m correct, and I just saw a whack of these at 4 different Dollarama’s here in Northern Ontario, might be something to pick up for you kit bashers

I dont remember where the skeleton figure came from (I want to say it has something to do with “final fantasy”), but I chopped it up and the bottom half works great for the taxi ghost. I just need to figure out what do for shoes/feet (the original has “warrior” style boots that a taxi driver wouldnt wear…) he needs a paint job and maybe some sculpted guts or ripped pants, Capt Cyan generously provided me with some special sculpting clay for just such an occasion, so sometime soon I hope to finish this customization

image (click)