I HATE the black pocket and blue tie.. Those just kill the figure for me, my custom RTBY Peter looks better and I would say I suck at customs.. I used a RTBY Egons body and just switched jackets and gave him a RTBY Rays jacket then just painted the tie dark green. I was really looking forward to this figure, why did they have to go and make the pocket black?
Good to see the box says “Ghostbusters”, and not “Ghostbusters II” like the advance figure AJ received. 2) I know it’s been negatively remarked on, but I don’t mind there being a Ghost Sniffer enclosed with him (firstly as it hasn’t really displaced a different accessory, secondly it’s appropriate as it really was Venkman’s prop, not Dan’s), as it means that now that I’ll have a spare, I can afford to modify one to make it more accurate.
I second what Kingpin says, I think it’s nice to have another Ghost Sniffer as fans tend remember it as being used by Peter rather than Ray. As for the tie color and black pocket, it’s nothing I cannot fix with some customizing down the road.
It’s interesting that they decided to include another Sniffer with this figure; perhaps they thought that Venkman’s external tape deck was just another Sniffer.
Not much anything more than marketing. Ready to Believe Spengler came with Library Ghost. That was the reason I bought it. Was it Ray that came with the subway ghots? Nothing to do with the character inside, but filling the space. Both figures have not been released, and how many GB1 Venkman’s would you buy again and again…
it’d be hard to package a “relevant” ghost with every figure. Think about it, how few ghosts there were in the movie, how many were actually in scenes with the guys, they’ve gotta be released somewhere…
yeah it’s another GB1 Venkman and I guess if people don’t want the same character over and over. I personally still can’t believe we’ve gotten way more than the main 4 guys in their suits. Do people really want a Mayor Lenny or an Alice the Librarian over stuff like labcoat and courtroom?
My favorite complaint is people saying “so and so is just so and so’s body with a different head, not worth $20”, it’s still a body and a head, X amount of plastic…whether it’s been used before, it’s a new figure…just because the parts aren’t new don’t mean it’s not worth getting or shouldn’t cost that much because it’s mostly stuff that’s already at their disposal. The guys have almost the same build…
I’m personally excited for this one, I know they flubbed a few things but still We’re Ready to Believe You set!!! COMPLETE!!
I was going to pass on this figure (my first one ever!) and sell my unopened Vigo, but last night I opened Vigo and gave his hair & eyebrows a paint job, he looks slightly better. and Ive been looking through my pile of figure parts and I think I might be able to make some legs for the Taxi ghost, so I guess I will buy him after all.
Seems dumb for the taxi ghost to have no legs since he was, ya know, driving a taxi. I guess if you’re a ghost you don’t necessarily need feet for that, but I’d assumed he did. I know we didnt see him below his chest in the movie, but they could have come up with something. I wasn’t getting it either way, so I should probably just keep my opinions to myself. Not a fan of the RTBY series though.
if you have an extra Louis figure you could take the legs off and attach them to the taxi ghost torso… I have a pair of legs from a harry potter snape figure that look like they might work
I think peter might have actually had ghost sniffer in the commercial. That might be it around his shoulder, and the strap looks the same as the one on Ray’s ghost sniffer.