Scratch Pack from New Member (update 9-16-08)

Hey guys, been a lurker for about 2 years…yes you heard it right.

I built my first pack from scratch in 2006 BASED on everyone’s posts and suggestions. I finished the first one in approx. 2 weeks and promptly sold it on ebay for 650.00 and that was without a gun.

I decided to build another pack (this one im keeping) so here it is…so far.. I’ll keep the pics updated as i continue working… BTW this is about 6 hours of work thus far.

ALSO..no one needs to tell me how inaccurate this is because i know. I will be wearing this pack for about 10-12 parties/contests in the next 2 months. So i know i will acquire some damage…plus normal people dont know what details go where…

This pack will be built for about 150.00 total

ENJOY

Completely built form Basswood… MOB is 1/4 " Ply oh and some pvc

More Basswood and PVC.. I predrilled all of the holes for a custom built LED kit

Custom built CLippard valves…from PVC and Wood Dowels…about 75 cents worth of materials

looking pretty good man…especially for six hours worth of work…crazy.

jim

Gotta give credit to the scratchbuilders, nice work. Feels good doesn’t it ! :cool:

Excellent job so far. I can’t wait to see the finished product!

update:

Cheap way to add lenses to your cylotron…total cost…free if you have a spare cd case and a red marker

items needed:

1 cd case

1 knife

1 red marker

glue

cut one half of the cd case into 4 parts and color each panel with the marker

glue them into backside of cyclotron!!! …enjoy…

new pics 9-16-08…progress

from scratch wand…working on wiring…still haven’t added all the extra do dads

I LOVE this! I have some extra CD cases I needed to throw out, so this will work perfectly! I’m working on a scratch build too. Thanks for this post. :cool:

You could also use this method for the power cell lens with a blue marker.