SDCC 2015: Hollywood Collectibles Venkman Statue

Hollywood Collectibles Group just sent out a teaser image in their newsletter to let us know about the upcoming preview of the 1:4 Scale Peter Venkman statue at San Diego Comic Con this week! The statue is expected to be around $350 and will be extremely detailed.

We’ll have more previews and releases this week as we cover San Diego Comic Con news!

Ooooooohhh… A 4th scale? Nice!!!

I have a huge collection of 1:4 scale statues, amd I can’t wait to add the guys. But looking at other pieces on HCG’s website doesn’t fill me with confidence. Their MIB stuff for example isn’t that great.

Yeh I agree BigTime…looking at the other stuff on there… I’m already not impressed.

But…Bill Murray is not a suave looking man by any means… So they may capture his likeness…

Hmmm… yeah, looking at it now, you guys are right… Hot Toys, they are not…

statue?

wake me when they unveil the props.

At 350 almost 400, does he move? Light up? Talk?

Well, if you look at the Hot Toys stuff, all of those are around $300, and they’re sixth scale, slightly smaller than these, but they are soooo worth the money (they have sweet payment plans too)… however, they are at least insanely posable…

Here’s the Marty McFly I purchased recently, insanely detailed!

If this ends up being just as detailed (or similar), even if they’re not posable, I’d sink some money into it…

The rendering of the pack looked pretty good. You can put a lot of detail into a 1/4 scale pack.

wow. just saw their Tommy Lee Jones from MIB. I can’t believe TLJ approved of it…hope Bill Murray looks waaaay better for us GB fans…and has a proportionate head-to-body ratio…that TLJ looks more like he’d shoot in MIB.

Anyone know how long ago they did the MiB line?

More teaser pics are on HCG’s Facebook. So far only just shots of the statue’s back.

Pics are up at HCG’s Facebook. Not perfect, but not bad either.

yikes…(hard to please I guess)

I think we’ve been spoiled by Hot Toys, so these ended up looking mediocre in comparison… still pretty cool, but would have wished Hot Toys picked it up instead…

It looks good but still to pricey for me.

There is a HCG rep on a forum I visit for statues. He is actively looking for advice on the face sculpt. If you’re into 1/4 scale statues and would seriously like a GB piece, it might be worth your while to leave a bit of advice.

Link:Ghostbusters 1/4 Peter Venkman HCG - Page 4 - Statue Forum

They are asking for your feedback:

Trevor Grove!!! Wow!!! My faith in this statue just went up 1000%. Trevor Grove’s work is amazing!

Taking fan feedback and wanting it. Too bad Matty never did that. Lol