Searingidolatry's Uniform

I did it! 1 month after setting my mind to it I have a pretty decent uniform put together :slight_smile:

I was pretty lucky finding a flightsuit that fit for a bargain price on eBay. I did however run into some problems along the way.

I foolishly bought black kneepads instead of white, so instead of dyeing them I had to use a mixture of primer and acrylic paint to get them grey.

I found an OD belt, tried bleaching it and dying it grey and this failed quite spectacularly, it ended up a light greeny grey with tons of rust everywhere! I do not recommend this one bit, lol.

The white belt tinted a great light grey using RIT pearl grey, but did suffer some light rusting on the fabric. I had used a little clear nail polish on all the metal parts before dying to try and minimise rusting and whilst they all still look rust-free, the inside parts must have leaked some rust into the fabric. Very annoying, but not too severe.

I bought the rubber leg hose connector from Nickatron, looks great! I dyed the leg hose (which is a fishtank gravel hose) using yellow glass paint. Made a mess of my sink, but some acetone nail polish cleared that away quite easily and it only too 5 minutes to dye.

Prop-wise, I’ve ordered a few parts and am planning on building the bulk out of styrene. Any recommendations on what thickness to use for the main bulk of the shell?

Thanks for sharing, looks great, and your experience and resourcefulness will help others as well! Keep it up! And welcome to this awesome community!

Well done!

Right on!

Youve done a great job here. Way to hit the ground running.

Gotta ask; the holster that appears on your left leg is for…? Not nitpicking…just can’t see that well LOL

It looks like a Gizmo holster…

It is a gizmo holder, in readiness for the belt gizmo. I have a very inaccurate gizmo made from a 70s Sanyo calculator, that will do for the Halloween party instead.

And most likely nobody in the party will notice, but they will tell you how awesome you look, despite how “inaccurate” your gizmo may be! Enjoy, and take lots of photos to document your awesome time!

hey its better than my belt gizmo as i have none!

As I said, not accurate for real fans, but should be gadget-y enough to pass for everyone else :slight_smile:

I am planning on a more accurate gizmo for other events, cons, etc.

Looks good to me! I like the coiled dial up phone cable, neat little personal touch!

Very nice indeed

Nicely done. I love seeing new uniforms from everyone. Makes me all warm n tingly inside.