Short curcuit the movie.

Hi guys, maybe it’s a very stupid question but I assume! I watching short circuit tonight and I want to know if someone in the world made a prop of that. It should be amazing. Maybe just a static robot but wow it should be so nice. Someone know ?

Alex

Yes, the film studio made a prop of it, lmao

I think I remember someone trying to build a life-sized replica of Johnny Five a few years back but I don’t know how it turned out. I doubt they ever finished it, since a working replica of that robot would probably cost several thousand dollars for the parts alone, not to mention the time, tools, and expertise needed to put it all together. Perhaps a Google search could turn up something?

I don’t think anyone have made a replica of it. What you see in the movie was a real working robot.

That robot cost thousands and thousands of dollars to make.

Even if you made a non working model, just getting the parts and the time to make it, it’s not worth it.

It wasn’t a “robot”, but a radio controlled character.

A very good replica is underway at this site:

http://www.input-inc.com/

All I know is that there is one of the hero bots at the Disney MGM studios in Orlando. It’s the silver and gold plated one seen at the end of SC2. it’s in the big prop warehouse that used to contain the giant bee model for the blue screen demo. There are thousands of props in that room and he’s hard to see.

Actually guys, my film partner did start a replica of Johnny five from scratch with just cardboard, hot glue and other knick knacks around the house. I’ll try and see if I can get him to e-mail me some pics. He never finished it but what he has is still fantastic.

You could check out johnny-five.com they might some info on building one .

Ecto Prime