Out the side of your Proton Pack…
Out the side of your Proton Pack…
Huh never noticed that.
So it gotta have something to do with the pack after all?
Not for peeing or whatever? lol
No..
They just never had a place for it. Some of them tied it to the back of their belts. Some coiled it up and tucked it back there. Some just shoved up up until it stayed.
I’m surprised they didn’t come up with something to hold it in place.
“Just hold it between your buttcheeks for one more take Bill. We almost got it!”
I think those are still just shoved up under the belt.
Maybe the uniforms are made of a fabric unknown to us,
which won’t let any air out. rofl
So the hose lets the farts escape. haha. … ignore me.
They are, you can see it sticking out of Egon’s belt almost as badly during the credits (when he’s helping Winston with his pack).
In that same scene, the end of Winston’s is caught in the straps of his Alice pack, and pops free when Egon begins to hoist the pack off of Winston’s back..
Funny, when I’m in uniform, about one in three people look right past the pack and ask “What’s the hose for?” I’ll add “farts” to my bank of responses.
On topic, It does appear to still be attached to their belt, but it looks like it is pulled up under their pack and a loop is poking out the right side. Maybe they did this so it would be easier to run to the ledge without snagging on scenery?
I get that all the time - people are fascinated by the leg hose. A guy even asked me once if it was a “beer bong”; when I (with a straight face) told him that it was a catheter, he said, “Well, that’s not nearly as cool.”
And the norms think that WE’RE weird…
I could be way wrong but I could swear that in the scene at the end of the montage, where Pete and Ray are conversing (“You’ve looked better…you didn’t USED to look this bad”) they show on the back of the belt that Venkman’s hose was clipped on to the belt. Again I could be wrong - it could just be wishful-thinking. I tried to find a screen-grab on this site but I couldn’t find one. MIGHT be worth checking out?
Venkman’s hose is sort of looped around the front. He also wears it like this in the basement scene.

Anyone ever wonder why Annie Potts is holding Harold’s hose in this shot? I know this is going to sound dirty, but they were probably joking about how the vinyl hose was “stiffening” in the cold.

Pete’s leg hose goes from the leg grommet, up under his belt on his left hip, over the top of his belt and back down across the front of him, around his right thigh, and then disappears behind his belt gizmo. The end of his hose isn’t visible, so there’s no visual evidence that it’s physically attached to anything.
Wow… the way she’s holding it… and the way he’s smilling… I really think she might have just been blowing warm air DOWN that hose.
Alex
Learn something new every day!
Where did my comment go!?!?