Sign the petition here:
Hopefully they can collect enough signatures to convince Mattel to do a second run.
Sign the petition here:
Hopefully they can collect enough signatures to convince Mattel to do a second run.
Does Matty even have the rights to classic stuff anymore? I’d love to get my hands on another trap (had to sell mine to pay bills). But with Avonos stuff on the horizon, I don’t think this will happen. Do petitions even work anymore?
Good question with who holds those rights. Mattel has the new stuff from the Reboot that I could care less about. But a second run of the Matty Trap would be great. I would buy a couple. A second run would also knock the prices of those being sold by scalpers on eBay down.
Worked for the PKE. I’d love to have a working trap that i wouldn’t have to build again
Signed
I signed even though I DOUBT this’ll work. I just want a couple more traps for my friends and another for myself so I can safely keep my signed one at home ![]()
Out of curiosity - has there ever been a time where these petitions actually worked?
I think about as many times as the line “Just the tip?”. Maybe once… in all of human history.
Worth a try. I got the whole family to sign it
you’d think with the reboot coming out, and the tons of preview merch we’ve seen, that they would do a second run? I would be very very surprised if they did, as they are tricky buggers.
Again, it’d be down to whether they have the rights from Sony to continue producing them. If they don’t, then there’s nothing they can do.
Still, a petition signed by a decent amount of people will show Anovos that we’re interested in more traps. And they have the licence to make props, hopefully traps, if Mattel doesn’t.
Hahahahaha
Signed and if it ever happens I’d buy a couple too.
I think Anovos is more than aware of how popular a trap would be. It’s not like they haven’t heard the fan demand online. It’s their job to know stuff like this.
That said, don’t expect to get a trap from them for $130 like Mattel. It will still likely be as much as the Matty Traps go for on the secondary market, if not more.
Hopefully it’ll be closer to a real prop, and they’ve hinted at parts you’ll assemble yourself.
I’ll be waiting for any news with high interest.