Sorry Minnesota, But Ya'll Need to Lose

You know much as I love The Twin Cities Ghostbusters, I really hope their team loses tomorrow. The Vikings have historically been undefeated against the Saints in the playoffs. 1987, the Saints have finally made it into the playoffs after a 12-3 season. The fans are swept up in Saints delirium. Along come the Vikings in the first round of playoff games and crush the Saints 44-10. The Saints didn’t just lose; they had their ■■■■■ handed to them.

Come 2001, after a disappointing season with Mike Ditka as head coach, first year head coach Jim Haslett leads the Saints in their first playoff victory ever. Is this the year Hell freezes over and we see a Saints Super Bowl? No! The Saints travel to the Metrodome and are again crushed by the Vikings 34-16. Another milestone reduced to rubble by the Vikings.

Jim Haslett complained about the unprecedented noise level in the stadium saying he thought it was exacerbated by speakers located behind the Saints sideline bench. No one could hear anything. Well, this year the Saints will play the Vikings at the Super Dome. As far as the noise level goes, it’s pay back time, bitches. Two of the four times the Saints have entered the playoffs, the Vikings have shown up to destroy their hopes and dreams. If the Vikings defeat the Saints again this time, New Orleans may want to reconsider purple as a Mardi Gras theme color. Anyway, how many Super Bowl rings does Brett Favre need?

If the Saints don’t win, I might shoot my television, but I’ll still be watching Ghostbusters 911. This is just sports – nothing personal. I might send the Twin Cities Ghostbusters a black and gold king cake – budget permitting.

send ME a black and gold king cake. Steelers didn’t make it, so go Saints! : )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Me_tXyq_t4

We shall see.

http://www.sbgglobal.com/beteasy

The bookies like the Saints. What do you think? You wanna bet on it? Could be fun.

edit: Aw geez, I just found out that online sports betting is illegal in only three states: California, Nevada, and Louisiana. Crappazola. I guess I gotta go to an Indian casino.

First off: We’re the Ghostbusters of Minnesota, NOT the Twin Cities Ghostbusters. LOL

Second: That was a HELL of a game. I think NO’s offense was weaker than ours, but their defense was above ours. Good game.

I didn’t get to watch.. but I checked the scores as the game progressed.. and I was extremely surprised by the number of scores and turnovers.

Its unfortunate.. as I was really hoping to see the Vikings make it to the Superbowl.

Both teams had a terrible amount of fumbles…it was definately an exciting football game. Basicly neck and neck all night.

too bad for farve but thats his thing throw a pic at the most crucial time. but good for the saints and the city. must have been crazy on burban street

During the game, Bourbon was empty because everyone was in the bars watching it. Immediately after, everyone rushed into the streets and started celebrating.

Yeah, the game was a real nail biter. I was on the edge of my seat the whole game. It took 44 years, but the Saints FINALLY made it to the Super Bowl. Weather forecast for Hell: a freeze is headed that way.

The Vikings have been to the Super Bowl four times, but have not yet won. Excuse me MINNESOTA Ghostbusters. My bad. Anyway, I hope ya’ll might be inclined to come down for Mardi Gras on February 16. Ya’ll played a helluva game, and yes, ya’ll’s offense was on point.

I got worried when I saw Brett being carried off the field because I do like Brett Favre and if we beat him, I wanted to beat him because we outplayed him – not because he was injured. Apparently, though, his first cousin is Wolverine and his mutant healing factor was working during that game. Dude reminds me of Rocky Balboa; he just keeps coming no matter how many times he gets knocked down. Relentless.

Even had our defense been able to completely shut down Minnesota’s offensive line, Brett Favre still would have been able to beat us – just with his arm. The man throws laser guided missiles. Whenever Brett was about to throw a pass, I could hear the Command & Conquer voice, “Laser guided missiles are installed.” I got worried when our kicker went out their because he’s missed one or two this season. My fears turned out to be unfounded because that winning kick was absolutely perfect.

Congrats to the Saints to making it to their first Super Bowl. They had an incredible regular season, and it’ll be an incredible game.

I was cheering for the Vikings, as I’ll usually root for the underdog. Plus, I kinda wanted to see Favre win, as he is a inspiration for all the 55 year-olds that still think they can play competitive sports. :walterpeck:

It’s been months, but I just wanted to update this thread that Hell froze over solid. The Ice Road Truckers could make a new delivery route right over the sixth circle. The Saints beat the Colts in Super Bowl 44. New Orleans got their first Super Bowl victory.

Wasn’t that months ago?

:confused:

image

Yeah. It was months ago. I said that. It’s been a very VEEEEERY long time coming. I’m just still happy about it is all. The Saints sucked for decades. Now they’re awesome. Any Louisianian would be happy.

COOL!

I only pulled for the Saints because I absolutely fucking despise peyton manning. Dallas wasn’t in it so I didn’t care too much. At least my college team won it all though :lol: