So with Halloween rapidly approaching things are starting to come together. Jumping into this 1 month ago I had did not costuming and this has been a very fun experience so far.
I did my research and decided that I wanted to do a 80% or so movie quailty uniform. So identified what I wanted and what I was not using.
I got the flightsuit and gun belts from Galaxy Army on Amazon.com. Fast and professional service you cant loose.
Patches
The only reason I did not go with AJ Quick here is because I wanted a Custom name patch vs. a Stanz nameplate. I went with J. Kerezmen before I saw the feedback here but to be honest I did not have any problems. The patches arrived a week or two after ordering so I was like Phew, they are here ![]()
Elbow Pads
The gbprops store is your best bet for the elbow pads. I looked at Sporting good stores all over the Lehigh Valley and no luck. I bought some but they are not the real ones. I might buy a new set in the future. I am not sure yet.
NBC Gloves
I had a pair from when I was in the army. This is how I got the idea of being a ghostbuster to begin with.
The other stuff.
As I looked around I decided not to make the gun belt with everything. It would just be a simple belt, nothing else. I also decided not to add the hose to the uniform. Mainly because I was having problems finding the right connector and since I am not doing the belt it did not make sense to put it on there. I might add these in the future if I find myself dressing up as a GB outside of Halloween.
Dying
Ok I have never used RIT dye before and it was pretty easy to use. I got the dye at Michaels arts and crafts. I bought 4 Peral Grey and 1 black. Since I rent I also have a paid washing machine that lasts 22 minutes a cycle so I could not follow the directions and do an extended wash or soak. I just added the dye and let it wash one cycle.
The belts and elbow pads went in first. I used one thing of black dye. In these pics it has that purplish tint I saw people talking about here but I think the flash brought it out. In regular light they do look grey.
Since I was paying 1 dollar a load to dye, I tossed in the Flightsuit next and added 2 packs of Peral Grey. After washing and drying the flightsuit I was impressed. It toned down the Khaki color and made it a dark greyish Khaki.
The overall dye process is pretty easy and the directions were easy to follow. Just remember to run a load or two with Bleach and detergent and that should clean up the machine and not ruin your clothes.
That was pretty much it. Simple and straight to the point. I am taking the suit and patches to the tailor to have them sewn on and then I am done with the uniform. There will be more with me in them once I put all of it on
Here are the pics
Links in this post may be affiliate links. Purchases made through them help support this site at no additional cost to you.


