Spirit Halloween expands prop range

Fresh off of the success of last year’s Proton Pack replica, Spirit Halloween has updated their website to include a bonanza of new items based on the Ghostbusters franchise, ranging from new prop replicas to themed decorations:

Props

•Ghost Trap - $49.99

•P.K.E. Meter - $34.99

•Ecto Goggles - $29.99

•Equipment Belt - $9.99

Decorations

•2 ft Hanging Stay Puft Marshmallow Man - $84.99

•Light Up Slimer Table Turner - $39.99

•Slimer Pathway Lights - $34.99

•Ghostbusters String Lights - $29.99

Dressing Up

•Ghostbusters Jacket - $49.99

•Slimer Mask - $59.99

•Ecto-1 Toddler Piggyback Costume - $34.99

For those who have wanted to get their hands on a P.K.E. Meter or Ghost Trap replica, but missed out on the Mattel production runs, the Spirit Halloween offerings are a timely and affordable alternative.

Presently the prop replicas and decorations are on preorder, however it is believed they will be available closer to this Halloween.

Note: please visit the topic for the a closer look at the new items

Ghost Trap

Wrangle up those pesky ghosts this Halloween with this officially licensed ghost trap from the Ghostbusters film. This ghost trap looks just like a prop from the movie and even lights up and makes sounds. Also featuring a versatile clip to attach to your belt, this ghost trap will always be ready for the next ghost hunt! If you come across any ghosts this Halloween, you know who to call!

Officially licensed

Exclusively at Spirit Halloween

Dimensions: About 7.5” H x 14” W x 6” D

Battery type: AA ( included)

Material: Plastic

Imported

Speculation/Observation: The Trap’s doors are geared, and it looks like the button on the handle may be real, suggesting a spring-release feature that opens the doors.

P.K.E. Meter

Track all ghosts and other paranormal entities this Halloween when you use this officially licensed P.K.E meter! This Psychokinetic Energy Meter is the perfect accessory to finish off your Ghostbusters look! Whenever you see a ghost this Halloween, the P.K.E. meter will light up and make sounds so you can track spirits wherever they may be.

Officially licensed

Dimensions: 11″ H x 3″ W x 3.25″ D

Material: Plastic

Motion activated

Batteries required: AAA (included)

Care: Spot clean

Imported

Speculation/Observation: The buttons on the front of the PKE Meter all appear static. The website is currently not working properly, making it impossible to currently view the pages for the respective items, but it looks like the activation button may be on the rear of the meter.

Ecto Goggles

You never know what kind of ghosts will be lurking around the corner! Now you can spot ghosts with ease with these officially licensed Ghostbusters ecto goggles. Just like in the film, these goggles track invisible ghosts and light up when in use. Notice something strange in your neighborhood? You know who to call–Ghostbusters!

Officially licensed

Dimensions: About  4” H x 7” W x 7” D

Battery Type: AA (included)

Material: Plastic

Care: Spot clean

Imported

Utility Belt

![image](Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Get ready to bust some ghosts in this officially licensed Ghostbusters utility belt! Keep all of your gadgets latched onto this bad boy, and you’ll always have all of the necessary equipment to save the day within arm’s reach. With its adjustable fit, almost anyone can wear this handy utility belt!

Officially licensed

Exclusively at Spirit Halloween

Dimensions: 45″ L x 2″ H

Material: Polyester, metal

Care: Spot clean

Imported

One size fits most

2 ft Hanging Stay Puft Marshmallow Man

[img]Imgur: The magic of the Internet)

Who ya gonna call? The infamous giant marshmallow monster returns in this officially licensed decoration from the movie Ghostbusters! Luckily he’s a bit smaller this time. This hanging decoration is perfect for any fan of the paranormal (or marshmallows).

Officially licensed

Exclusively at Spirit Halloween

Dimensions: 20” H x 14” W x 7.5” D

Material: Latex foam

Imported

Light Up Slimer Table Turner

Decorate your Halloween dream scene with this officially licensed light up Slimer table turner! His green body features an internal LED light that will brighten up every dim room. Let slimer turn on any table this Halloween and everyone will be ready to start busting some ghosts!

Officially licensed

Dimensions: 10.5″ H x 7″ W x 8″ D

Material: Plastic

Batteries required: 3 AA (included)

Care: Spot clean

Imported

Slimer Pathway Lights

Oh, there’s definitely something strange in the neighborhood—and it’s right on your front lawn! Light up your yard with these officially licensed Slimer pathway lights and have Slimer guide your friends and family right to your front door. Whether you’re decorating for Halloween or you’re just a huge Ghostbusters fan, these fun lights are sure to make all of your guests smile!

Officially licensed

Exclusively at Spirit Halloween

Battery Type: 3 AA (included)

Dimensions: 11.5”H x 55”W x 6”W

Weight: 1.3 pounds

Material: Plastic, electronics

Care: Spot clean

Imported

Ghostbusters String Lights

Show some love for one of your favorite film series when you hang up these awesome Ghostbuster lights! Whether you’re decorating for Halloween or you’re throwing a Ghostbusters-themed party, these fun lights are perfect for getting the party started in no time at all.

Officially licensed

Exclusively at Spirit Halloween

Battery Type: 3 AA (included)

Dimensions: 3”H x 108”W x 3.5”W

Weight: .5 pound

Material: Plastic, electronics

Care: Spot clean

Imported

Note: Recommended for use in covered areas

Ghostbusters Jacket

They’re totally going to be calling you when you rock this officially licensed Ghostbusters jacket! You’ll look like the ultimate paranormal detective in this authentic zipper jacket. Velcro detail allows you to change your name to whichever character you want to be!

Officially licensed

Includes:

    Jacket

    Four name badges (Stantz, Spengler, Venkman, Zeddemore)

Long sleeves

Two zipper pockets, one arm pocket

Zipper closure

Fully lined

Length: About 28″ from shoulder to hem

Material: Polyester

Care: Hand wash

Imported

Note: Undershirt, pants, shoes and accessories sold separately

Slimer Mask

Become your favorite Ghostbusters character when you top off your costume with this officially licensed Slimer mask! Ghostbustin’ has never looked so good! You’ll resemble your favorite slimey character and stay comfortable all day long.

Officially licensed

Dimensions: 21″ H x 13.5″ W x 13.5″ D

Material: Latex

Care: Spot clean

Imported

WARNING: Do not use if allergic to latex or ammonia.

Ecto-1 Toddler Piggyback Costume

They’ll be callin’ your little one whenever there is paranormal activity! This officially licensed Ghostbusters piggyback costume is perfect for every ghost lover! This light up costume will keep your little one safe into the long night of trick-or-treating.

Officially licensed

Length: About 26″

Velcro closure

Batteries required: 2 AA (included)

Material: Polyester

Care: Spot clean

Imported

Note: Shirt, pants and shoes sold separately

I had been hopeful of just one other prop (and obviously hoping for the trap at that)… but this is just amazing.

I’ve never wanted to wear my Matty trap out, due to the cost to replace it. These traps are perfect for cosplay, and if they break… at the end of the day, oh well.

Pre-ordered a trap last night and was able to use code 18fireworks to get 20% off…

Of course, then they added shipping and taxes…so I only saved $2.

Still, looking forward to this!

Scalper already has these on ebay. Anyone know if he’s a member here?

ghstbstr4lyfe

Oh yeah, we’ve heard of that particular member: ghstbstr4lyfe/JJS8807.

I don’t know if you guys can view this or not, but the Southland Ghostbusters just did a promo video for Ghost Corps, previewing all of the new gear from Spirit. The functionality of the P.K.E. is pretty impressive: Link

Thanks for the code. Every little helps. :cool:

Oh my god this is awesome! So nice being able to buy more stuff like this. I even though I think they’re all great I may only get a pke meter as I already have my own pair of ecto goggles and I’m making my own trap. The equipment belt is nice though because it comes with all the little hangers (wish a certain GB store would restock them), but like the Anovos flightsuit, they don’t have the side computer thing. Oh well. Maybe next year we’ll get some GB2016 stuff. I want that pke meter and ghost trap so bad!

I’m not really feeling the goggles and the PKE is a little wonky, but not bad for the cost… the trap? The trap looks AMAZING and I’m hoping the switch in the handle is electric and NOT mechanical so we can modify those traps to have pedals :smiley:

Man I remember back in 2010-2011 when Matty introduced their props. The builders on these forums went nuts about how much their details differed from the actual dials and knobs used on the real props.

Compared to these the Matty ones are pretty much identical to the movie props.

That PKE looks off when there was no need to mold it in that shape.

The trap looks ok I guess. Butfor $50+ bucks I don’t know.

If someone can confirm the dimensions and details are a match with the V71 plans or any other established actual measurements from the movies then it’s maybe worth a buy and a repaint.

But if the PKE is so incorrect the chances are that the trap can’t be a 100% match in terms of dimensions.

If you have nothing I assume its worth buying it at thise price I guess.

1 Like

All pretty impressive. I like the jacket. The PKE Meter does have the added advantage of a clip. I’m not buying another PKE meter until someone adds a functional EMF detector to it. The price Is right for the equipment.

I pre-ordered two of the PKE Meters and one of the traps. I already own a Matty Collector PKE Meter but I don’t want to accidentally break it so having something that looks almost identical for much cheaper is very appealing to me. Having an extra one means I can have one at our booth at future con events to let kids play with to pose with us for pictures.

I am totally going to order one of these PKE meters and a Trap for my nephews Halloween costume they are so perfect!

IDK about the goggles tho they look kinda wonky

In fairness, the bar with Mattel was set pretty high early-on, only for it to start sliding even with their Ghost Trap.

Mattel may have marketed their props as high-end replicas, but Spirit Halloween has always aimed for the lower, more casual market. These aren’t props designed to please the die-hard fans, they’re for kids to go out Trick-or-Treating with.

Fans turned an examining eye (maybe overly-examining) eye on Mattel because it made a big effort with the P.K.E. Meter, and because it was plugging its stuff as highly-accurate… If memory serves. Most fans aren’t getting critical with Spirit because Spirit isn’t pretending these items are anything more than they are: cheap and cheerful Halloween costume accessories.

It may be that shape in order to make it more cost-effective to produce, it might be that shape to avoid having to pay fees to Iona over the shape of the shoe polisher.

If you have the know how you can switch the spirit electronics into a more accurate shell. At 35 buck’s that’s not a bad price for an electronics kit.

Wow great looking stuff. I am pretty sure they are not accurate enough for the serious collector but for those that missed the Matty stuff this is good for them.

I did like that in the video they compared the Spirit stuff with the Matty stuff.

What video?

Dude you’re right. Out of nowhere we are going to have fans attending events with real enough looking props thanks to Spirit Halloween. A multitude of fans who just buy and attend. That’s what the fandom needs. More visibility.

Good on Spirit to make these available. The fandom needs more people who leave the house and attend events dressed in gear, hospitals and what not. Spirit is facilitating growing those numbers, as opposed to the niche market of hyper realistic movie props that people show their 4 best mates over a pint and nothing else.

This video:

[quote=Kingpin post_id=4906941 time=1532028405 user_id=76]I don’t know if you guys can view this or not, but the Southland Ghostbusters just did a promo video for Ghost Corps, previewing all of the new gear from Spirit. The functionality of the P.K.E. is pretty impressive: Link

[/quote]

I ordered all of the new stuff, goggles, PKE, and Trap, hopeful it will cut costs down from building them myself, I have an Iona shoe polisher that I gutted and painted looks right but is not functional as I am not savvy enough for the moving arms but it does light up. I’m hoping the belt clip comes off. for the trap I was about to order a kit and start building but that’s looking like a $500+ project so I plan on stripping the stickers adding plates and real knobs and proper V hook instead of the plastic belt hook thing, and goggles. well I was gonna build them, buddy of mine did some out of welding goggles, they don’t look that great so these are ok, again gonna do some modifications, change the straps and good to go.