Spirit's life-size Pack with Mattel's replica wand, anybody tried this yet?

Hello everyone

First of all, it’s been forever since I’ve posted here, so bear with me as when it comes to customization I’m definitely a newbie, and sorry if this has already been addressed, couldn’t find an answer.

So, I recently got the Spirit life-size pack and I want to start customizing it as much as possible to make it more accurate, but the main major change I’d like to do is connect the pack to Mattel’s wand from a few years back as I believe it’s pretty awesome still.

Has anyone tried it yet? If so, any tutorials or guides out there?

I assume it would require re-wiring and soundboard?

Trying to keep it simple, I remember back in the day, the idea was that if Mattel eventually released a pack, it would just plug to the wand, but not sure that’s at all possible with Spirit’s.

Thanks!

As far as I know Ghostlab42/Spongeface is the only one who’s successfully integrated a pack kit with the Matty Wand (and still sells the boards). He even has one up on ebay right now: https://www.ebay.com/itm/195157548613

It can also control a pack lights kit if needed, but it’s not going to do more than turn the lights on and off when the wand is powered up/down. That’s probably enough though.

Check out the ebay listing for photos, video demo’s, and the instruction manual.

Edit: there’s also an official thread right here: FS: Matty Neutrino Wand Adaptor Board for Pack Lights Control and 10W of Amplified SOUND - For Sale - GBFans.com

He also has an alternative version for the Hasbro Spengler Wand, in case you don’t feel like modifying your Matty Wand (the Hasbro wands are still fairly affordable and will also give you the video game modes, and there are a lot of vendors selling upgrade parts if you want to turn it back into an 84 wand).