Okey… I ahve looked every where to see what channel Star Trek(Remastered)is on. I have even looked on the TV guide web site to Star Trek.com. Can sombody PLEASE tell me! Thanks!
Star Trek Remastered? I’m not even sure what that is. I know G4 has something called Star Trek 2.0, which is the original series episodes with a bunch of trivia and other stuff (chat room discussions, etc) displayed in the borders. If that’s not it, then I have no idea.
Star Trek remastered is the original series cleaned up for high def, the audio, visual effects have been redone. It looks great! The one thing I hate about the Star Trek franchise is that the have no clue how to advertise! After Deep space Nine they lost it! Anyway I will just stop there before I start ranting with my Trekkie geekdome.lol
It completely depends where you are at. because different cable companies have at different times on different networks. Usually you will find it on one of the CBS, or former UPN networks, or the former WB networks because they are all owned by CBS now. I used to watch it on sundays around 11am, but they pulled the time slot earlier, and I’m not up that early, because I work nights.
However, there is some very very good news…
Star Trek Remastered is on DVD.
Best thing to do is to check the schedule of all your local channels.
My favorite Episode was “The Doomsday Machine”
I loved the rendering of the starships, especially the Wrecked Constellation. The planetary debris bouncing off the hull was a great touch.
I think it was on Nick at Night and UPN (Or My9 or whatever the hell its called) in our area (I live in Selden, Long Island) I’ve only seen one episode and the time schedule was changed like a million times if I remember correctly. Its a hard show to find on TV. If it does go on…its like 3 in the morning. Seems the TV stations have no love for Kirk the gang. Nice to find another Trek fan though.
If it’s any comfort they got the remastered episode in DVD box set form.
I saw it on this televison station. I don’t remember the station. But it was a local station. It was shown from one of the later eps called “Let that be your last batllefield” Which is one of my favorites. It was kinda weird looking. There are some fans that actually like it. But there were alot others that didn’t. So that’s probably why it was taken off. I read many comments about how alot of fans hated it. Me? It was okay but I liked the way it was orginally made. That’s what made it look so classic. ![]()
I never watch it on tv anymore. I have the entire series. I didn’t like how they cut so much out of the ep. I know all the eps by memory almost. And they cut out to much. It’s best to buy the series on dvd. Now if you want it remastered. You probably would have to order it. Mine were not remasted. You can watch remastered eps of the tos series by visiting www.startrek.com
-R
from a jedi knight to a treky, it has to be said Star Wars is best lol
apparently the new film coming out is being made to be more like star wars as in han solo type action. they kno it makes sense lol
the han solo thing was strictly chris pine’s version of kirk.
everything else was inspired from many different things. Star Wars is included amongst the inspiration though.
however, the goal is to bring the feel closer to the more theatrical style of the original series as opposed to the increasingly cerebral tone…
But since this isn’t about the film…
lets just say that the remastered trek show is a refreshing revival of the classic that was the grandfather of sci fi such as Star Wars, babylon 5, Farscape, Stargate, etc.
Ummm…
Last I heard .. Star Trek was being remastered for BluRay.. not for TV stations…
And yes.. the Star Trek remastered BluRays are currently out.. I saw the 1st and 2nd box sets at Wal-Mart for $40.00.. amazing considering the DVDs are like $140.00…
…Logic? … yeah.. none there, apparently.
So I picked up the first season Blu Ray of Star Trek remastered and its fucking AMAZING.. I never knew classic Star Trek could look this good! Very impressed! Definitely a great addition to my Blu Ray collection.
I saw some episodes on sci-fi. wai, I ment Sy-Fy. a few months ago but I didn’t see any differences. even though they stated it where the remastered versions. I love star trek. the big pretty ships. the life on there seems adventurous and fun for me. exploring planets and such that you never seen before. cultures who are weird to you and all. I didn’t buy the remastered versions because they are too expensive to me.
Star wars has great action and everything but I don’t find it that special. though I do still like it. Don’t get me wrong. I didn’t enjoy the last 3 movies.
$50.00 is too expensive for you?
I bought the first season Blu Ray set for $50.00 from Wal-Mart.. saw it in other stores for $160.00 .. which is a fuckin joke.. but Wal-Mart definitely had it the cheapest.
160$ yes. for someone who already has the normal versions it’s too expensive. we don’t have wallmarts here so there’s no 50$ deals here. it’s all 160 here.
Oh… shitty deal, man.. ![]()
It was remastered for both broadcast and retail, with six different versions, according to this article:
http://trekmovie.com/2006/10/25/cbs-is-future-proofing-original-star-trek/
This schedule may or may not be up to date:
http://trekmovie.com/tos-in-hd/hdtv-star-trek-tos-channel-list/
I know that the second season of the original Star Trek remastered is already out on Blu Ray… I was planning on picking it up last week.. but before I could grab it someone else beat me to it.. shitty luck.